Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disasters, war, crime, ect ... and Survival.
Disasters, war, crime, ect ... and Survival.
I don't care what the event is in human history, from daily news, local death, to notable crime, war or disasters. I do get fucking tired of people getting on camera chalking survival up to a sky hero when others die at the same time.

I am happy if you survive. But how is that the result of a selective sky hero? If your loved one dies, and you argue they are in a better place, then why are you upset? If my family member won the lottery, and I would think heaven, the way theist argue, would be the grand prize, then why are you upset?

If you have two plane crashes, one of which only 1 person dies, and 299 people survive, it is called a miracle. But if only one person survives and 299 die, it is also called a miracle. I don't understand the math by theist logic. 

I can understand conditions of countless factors having nothing to do with a sky hero leading to any result.
RE: Disasters, war, crime, ect ... and Survival.
This again? You need new material.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 15, 2021 at 5:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This again? You need new material.

Boru
Or an enema....
(July 15, 2021 at 5:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This again? You need new material.

Boru

"This again" really? If theists keep bringing it up, are you expecting me not to respond?

I wish this was a dead issue. But it is not. Every damned time I watch the news it is like there is some law mandating a reporter or witness to invoke a god. 

I'd like to see more of this. 

Maybe see a marine biologist, get those stubborn crabs removed.
(July 15, 2021 at 6:22 pm)no one Wrote: Maybe see a marine biologist, get those stubborn crabs removed.

I hate SpongeBob's boss.
I figured, Plankton.
(July 15, 2021 at 6:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Boru

"This again" really? If theists keep bringing it up, are you expecting me not to respond?

I wish this was a dead issue. But it is not. Every damned time I watch the news it is like there is some law mandating a reporter or witness to invoke a god. 

Not sure why theists referring to these events as miracles irks you so much. But carry on - your repetitive, ill-defined rage never ceases to amuse.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 15, 2021 at 7:16 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 15, 2021 at 6:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote: "This again" really? If theists keep bringing it up, are you expecting me not to respond?

Not sure why theists referring to these events as miracles irks you so much. But carry on - your repetitive, ill-defined rage never ceases to amuse.

Boru

What "rage". Pick on Abba, then we can talk about "rage". But even then, I think you simply don't want to accept that what I have isn't "rage" but an opinion.

In this case I do find it annoying as hell that there seems to be some unwritten rule that if you survive something, or report on survival, there is some bullshit law that those involved have to invoke a god.

I have empathy for survivors. I simply get tired of reporters or witnesses or survivors chalking it up to a magic man.
(July 15, 2021 at 7:59 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 15, 2021 at 7:16 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Not sure why theists referring to these events as miracles irks you so much. But carry on - your repetitive, ill-defined rage never ceases to amuse.

Boru

What "rage". Pick on Abba, then we can talk about "rage". But even then, I think you simply don't want to accept that what I have isn't "rage" but an opinion.

In this case I do find it annoying as hell that there seems to be some unwritten rule that if you survive something, or report on survival, there is some bullshit law that those involved have to invoke a god.

I have empathy for survivors. I simply get tired of reporters or witnesses or survivors chalking it up to a magic man.

Nah, it’s rage. 

But so what if they invoke God? That’s what they DO, ffs.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4232 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  How are you going to commit to the war on Christmas? Fidel_Castronaut 108 25883 January 4, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  6 day war snerie 6 1154 March 30, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The war on Christmas Jacob(smooth) 95 18825 November 16, 2013 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheism - less war? Dawud 155 21360 April 24, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  'Blasphemy is a victimless crime' is utter arrogance ScienceIsTheOnlyLord 140 58187 November 9, 2010 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Cego_Colher
  Why should we love love beyond what is necessary for gene survival? rybak303 1 1341 August 17, 2010 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet