Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disability and Universal Healthcare
Disability and Universal Healthcare
Because I’m very tired of people telling me to just go to Canada or Australia or some other place. News flash people! Most places with universal healthcare will not accept me. I have no where to go. Yay!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washing...utType=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversa...ion-122311

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-ref...asons.html
RE: Disability and Universal Healthcare
There is a simple fix:

A) Don't get hurt
II) Don't get sick

Crisis averted.
(December 28, 2019 at 6:37 pm)no one Wrote: There is a simple fix:

A) Don't get hurt
II) Don't get sick

Crisis averted.
🙄
I don’t think it can be achieved peacefully

I don’t think it can be achieved violently either

I believe this though: Poor people gotta put their differences aside and focus on alleviating our economic oppression.

If your problem can be solved then money is the key to your salvation. Black gay trans Muslim illegal redneck - fuck those teams

The teams are the haves and have nots. People with extra shit need to hand it over until everyone is fed, housed, health cared, and automobiled. No exceptions.

You can’t have two houses when another man is homeless. If we united it wouldn’t take so much violence. Give up the property you don’t need or die. They’ll come around.

Communism. One more try.
(December 28, 2019 at 7:14 pm)CarveTheFive Wrote: I don’t think it can be achieved peacefully

I don’t think it can be achieved violently either

I believe this though: Poor people gotta put their differences aside and focus on alleviating our economic oppression.

If your problem can be solved then money is the key to your salvation. Black gay trans Muslim illegal redneck - fuck those teams

The teams are the haves and have nots. People with extra shit need to hand it over until everyone is fed, housed, health cared, and automobiled. No exceptions.

You can’t have two houses when another man is homeless. If we united it wouldn’t take so much violence. Give up the property you don’t need or die. They’ll come around.

Communism. One more try.

The Soviets had a saying that says it all --

We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us.

So much for communism.
It’s the only way

Gotta try again
I would think that your disability might qualify you for Medicaid. Have you tried the Healthcare.gov Marketplace?
(December 28, 2019 at 8:44 pm)Athene Wrote: I would think that your disability might qualify you for Medicaid. Have you tried the Healthcare.gov Marketplace?

I have both Medicare and Medicaid, but I’m tired of the poverty trap. Every month it’s the same thing make 750 pay all my bills (including food and transportation) and end up with nothing because I need my medication to survive.

(December 28, 2019 at 8:44 pm)Athene Wrote: I would think that your disability might qualify you for Medicaid. Have you tried the Healthcare.gov Marketplace?

I’m tired of being penalized if I work and if don’t work I starve anyway
(December 28, 2019 at 9:01 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:

I have both Medicare and Medicaid, but I’m tired of the poverty trap. Every month it’s the same thing make 750 pay all my bills (including food and transportation) and end up with nothing because I need my medication to survive.

I’m tired of being penalized if I work and if don’t work I starve anyway

Well, a Healthcare.gov plan might actually be a good option because they offer group-rate plans to low AND moderate-income individuals based on a sliding scale. If you happen to exceed the income afforded to you by your plan, I believe you can pay the difference via adjustments to your premium tax credits during tax season.

Maybe you should give them a call and find out what's available.
(December 28, 2019 at 9:49 pm)Athene Wrote: Well, a Healthcare.gov plan might actually be a good option because they offer group-rate plans to low AND moderate-income individuals based on a sliding scale. If you happen to exceed the income afforded to you by your plan, I believe you can pay the difference via adjustments to your premium tax credits during tax season.

Maybe you should give them a call and find out what's available.

I had an acquaintance in Iowa that did this. They put her on Medicaid. Don't know if it varies by state.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scott Morrison: Australia PM faces backlash over 'blessed' disability remark Duty 11 772 April 22, 2022 at 4:32 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Universal basic income in the future Aegon 63 11365 September 24, 2019 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  A Stupid Statements About Single Payer Healthcare Amarok 43 6790 December 1, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  So let me get this straight about GOP Healthcare reform NuclearEnergy 4 895 July 18, 2017 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Universal Basic Income GrandizerII 84 22309 May 8, 2017 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  After leading ACA repeal in the House, Trump praises Australia's universal healthcare Aegon 26 5167 May 6, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  GOP healthcare bill surcharge is essentially a public mandate. The Industrial Atheist 4 975 March 13, 2017 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Disability and abortion BrokenQuill92 6 1571 December 8, 2015 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: c172
  Religious vs disability accommodations Razzle 27 2981 April 24, 2015 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Razzle
  Humans need not apply - the case for the universal basic income Heywood 23 7192 January 22, 2015 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger