Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Morrison: Australia PM faces backlash over 'blessed' disability remark
Scott Morrison: Australia PM faces backlash over 'blessed' disability remark
Right subforum? Anyway, the sheer stupidity of deducing the existence of an all powerful, all loving God is laid bare spectacularly through this news story today, methinks...unless you're a Buddhist of course, or something like that... 

Quote:Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has been criticised for telling an audience he is "blessed" not to have children with disabilities.

Mr Morrison made the remark during a town hall debate ahead of Australia's election, after being asked a question by a woman with an autistic son.

Opposition MPs and others said the comment was upsetting, with one saying "every child is a blessing".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-61171449
RE: Scott Morrison: Australia PM faces backlash over 'blessed' disability remark
(April 21, 2022 at 2:35 am)Duty Wrote: one saying "every child is a blessing".

Which is equally as bad as what he said.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Scott Morrison: Australia PM faces backlash over 'blessed' disability remark
Equally as stupid/theocratic, yes Foxaire, yet far less likely to cause BBC front page outrage, so less, erm...potent.
This comment isn't in the least bit surprising. It's simply the cherry on the crap sundae that is Scott Morrison.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The religious - is there no limit to their folly (and no, religion is not a genetic trait, before anybody tries to put that one on me).

Quote:Environmental policies

Morrison's policies and views on climate change have been a subject of interest.[129][238][239] The 2020 Climate Change Performance Index ranked Australia in last place for its climate policies[129] and was the only country to score 0 for the same metric in 2021.[240] During the 2019–20 Australian bushfire season, Morrison dismissed suggestions of a link between Australia's emissions or policies and the intensity of the bushfires and initially downplayed the influence of climate change on the fires,[241] but later admitted that climate change may have contributed.[129] Protests over his government's climate policies took place across Australia amidst the fire season.[242]

Wow, this guy makes Donald Trump look like Friedrich Nietzsche...in a way or three.

Quote:He thinks misuse of social media is the work of "the evil one" and practises the Christian tradition of the "laying on of hands" while working. He said in a speech to the Australian Christian Churches conference in April 2021 that he believes he was elected to do God's work,[261] although he later said that his comments were mischaracterised and that they were meant to reflect his belief that "whatever you do every day... is part of your Christian service".[262
The PM's comments are proof that it is time to support the Jedis:

Wikipedia -- Jedi census phenomenon
Jedi shmedi: https://www.facebook.com/CFAtheism
(April 21, 2022 at 7:13 am)Duty Wrote: Jedi shmedi: https://www.facebook.com/CFAtheism

Jaysus, are you STILL grinding on that rubbish??

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm not familiar with this Morrison person, but couldn't this be chalked up to a poor choice of words?

Yes. The inference is that disabled children are some kind of curse. But I'm not sure that's what he was trying to convey.
(April 21, 2022 at 12:34 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 21, 2022 at 7:13 am)Duty Wrote: Jedi shmedi: https://www.facebook.com/CFAtheism

Jaysus, are you STILL grinding on that rubbish??

Boru

I've spent £500 on Facebook ads and counting Boru....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So about the Voice to Parliament (Australia) GrandizerII 7 861 October 7, 2023 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Disability and Universal Healthcare BrokenQuill92 49 2882 January 3, 2020 at 1:53 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Crusaders and Jihadists: 2 faces of the same coin WinterHold 25 2714 July 26, 2019 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Australia: Martyr complex among "no" voters GrandizerII 39 4613 November 21, 2017 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Blessed Are The Cheesemakers Minimalist 0 374 May 26, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  After leading ACA repeal in the House, Trump praises Australia's universal healthcare Aegon 26 5035 May 6, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1792 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1124 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Disability and abortion BrokenQuill92 6 1554 December 8, 2015 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: c172
  Religious vs disability accommodations Razzle 27 2877 April 24, 2015 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Razzle