Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way I can have a thread deleted?
Is there a way I can have a thread deleted?
Specifically my "Great Atheist Novel" one in the "The Arts" forum? I'm looking into the possibility of taking my work to the next level (publication), and as you might imagine, having the entire thing online might not be a good look (if I'm lucky enough to make it to the point of finding an interested publisher and they decide to scan the internet for my words.) Anyway, thanks.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: Is there a way I can have a thread deleted?
I've unapproved the thread, but I really think you should give consideration to leaving it up.

For one the thing, Google has already indexed it and the rest of our pages - that will take quite a while for it to disappear from the Google cache. Another thing though, would be that it is already an atheist novel therefore leaving it up on the forums is probably not a bad idea.

Amazon discovered that allowing people to read chapters of novels that they're interested in increased the rate of purchases. Might be that someone interested in your novel and reading the first couple of chapters here would make the decision to buy it or not.

In the end run however they will be satisfied with their choice and you will have a satisfied customer base.

Consider the implications of a pro – consumer scenario.

That said, it will take a while for Google to D and that's it. And a Google search almost likely reveal the chapter excerpts for several months.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
RE: Is there a way I can have a thread deleted?
(February 23, 2014 at 1:40 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I've unapproved the thread, but I really think you should give consideration to leaving it up.

For one the thing, Google has already indexed it and the rest of our pages - that will take quite a while for it to disappear from the Google cache. Another thing though, would be that it is already an atheist novel therefore leaving it up on the forums is probably not a bad idea.

Amazon discovered that allowing people to read chapters of novels that they're interested in increased the rate of purchases. Might be that someone interested in your novel and reading the first couple of chapters here would make the decision to buy it or not.

In the end run however they will be satisfied with their choice and you will have a satisfied customer base.

Consider the implications of a pro – consumer scenario.

That said, it will take a while for Google to D and that's it. And a Google search almost likely reveal the chapter excerpts for several months.

Yeah you make a good point. I was concerned about all the earlier drafts I had put up (doing so actually kept me "accountable," motivated to finish it). I'm still doing a lot of editing so maybe I'll throw it up again in the future. It's available on my online storage box, which is updated whenever I make edits. If anyone sees this or wonders where the story went, inbox me and I'll give the link.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there any way to get unbanned from a thread? Angrboda 10 1527 September 17, 2020 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Reasonable way for a new section to be added Foxaèr 4 907 July 15, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Why can't I start a new thread? Now I am a Believer 20 2931 January 19, 2020 at 8:39 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1401 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is there a way to insert Giphy images on this forum? Foxaèr 12 2468 May 14, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Request For Thread Of Mine To Be Deleted MW85 11 2673 January 1, 2018 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Can we have a more relaxed debate forum? ErGingerbreadMandude 32 4098 October 21, 2017 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Is there a way to disable private messages? *Deidre* 14 2638 July 21, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  All posts in this thread have vanished! Aroura 0 1068 February 15, 2017 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Can anyone remind me how to follow a thread so that I get reminders for new posts? Whateverist 9 2154 November 21, 2016 at 10:18 am
Last Post: robvalue