Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I knew he was a ____ when he ____!
I knew he was a ____ when he ____!
I knew he was a pod person when he said he kept several bottles of Guinness in the fridge.
RE: I knew he was a ____ when he ____!
(February 27, 2020 at 8:53 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I knew he was a pod person when he said he kept several bottles of Guinness in the fridge.

I knew he was a poorly informed person when he implied that Guinness shouldn’t be chilled.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I prefer it warm. Barbarians and Americans may opt as they wish.
The absolute warmest temperature for serving Guinness is 55F, but the company brews it to be served at about 40F. The mistaken notion that it’s meant to be served warm is that for almost two centuries, it was served at room temperature - but room temp was a lot lower then than it is now. ALL top-fermented stouts are meant to be drunk cold. It even says so on the bottles.

Drink it however you like, but don’t mean-mouth those who drink it right.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 27, 2020 at 1:44 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Drink it however you like, but don’t mean-mouth those who drink it right.

Why not?
(February 27, 2020 at 2:09 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(February 27, 2020 at 1:44 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Drink it however you like, but don’t mean-mouth those who drink it right.

Why not?

Why should you?

Boru
(February 27, 2020 at 2:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(February 27, 2020 at 2:09 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Why not?

Why should you?

Boru

I like you.
How could you not? ‘Likable Boru’ they call me. Of course, ‘they’ also call me ‘Pope Ezekiel the Ferret Puncher’, so maybe we’d better not listen to them.

Boru
(February 27, 2020 at 3:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How could you not? ‘Likable Boru’ they call me. Of course, ‘they’ also call me ‘Pope Ezekiel the Ferret Puncher’, so maybe we’d better not listen to them.

Boru

What I like best is your "do as I say, not as I do" attitude.
(February 27, 2020 at 3:22 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(February 27, 2020 at 3:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How could you not? ‘Likable Boru’ they call me. Of course, ‘they’ also call me ‘Pope Ezekiel the Ferret Puncher’, so maybe we’d better not listen to them.

Boru

What I like best is your "do as I say, not as I do" attitude.

Well, fair. I did say you could drink your Guinness any way you like.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You knew this thread was coming. Foxaèr 42 3242 October 21, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Things I never knew Clueless Morgan 9 1031 August 15, 2017 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  If we knew the world was going to end..... CapnAwesome 29 3281 March 7, 2015 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  I KNEW it! My dick is smarter than me! Rokcet Scientist 5 1469 March 13, 2012 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  I knew it was Jaina all along... Violet 7 1940 January 22, 2010 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Pippy
  Opus (We Hardly Knew Ye) Daystar 1 1536 November 1, 2008 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc