Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we knew the world was going to end.....
If we knew the world was going to end.....
If the human race knew the world was going to end in one year (unavoidable comet impact say and that there was no escape, what do you think would happen? Also why? I have my opinions, but I'll share them after I hear a few.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: If we knew the world was going to end.....
Hmmm I think people would enjoy life to its fullest and probably do things they always wanted to. A part of the population would become crazy and engage in criminal activity. We would do things few people would do if the world wasn't going to end.

Some people would refuse to accept the fact and become depressed.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

FOX would tell the idiots it wasn't true.
Orgy
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

But I do know the world is going to end. Just don't fuck up the ride folks, it has lots of life left on it.
(March 6, 2015 at 11:26 pm)whateverist Wrote: But I do know the world is going to end. Just don't fuck up the ride folks, it has lots of life left on it.

Of course, but lets imagine that we know the exact date and it's relatively soon. For some reason whenever I go over the scenario I can't help but imagine the worst. People murdering and raping, chaos and anarchy, starvation (farmers don't want to spend their last year working on a farm.) It's odd because I don't consider myself really a pessimist on human nature but when I imagine this scenario that's always what happens in my mind. This is despite the fact it is not as all what I would do. I would get my girlfriend and then meet up with all the Atheist forum ladies (and gents) who were willing and have a big godless orgy. I don't think this is how most humans would react though.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
And I imagine I'd probably pretty much do exactly what I'd do any other day. (I like the gig.)
I think people would stop putting up with petty bullshit and the world would be a much cooler place for a while.
(March 6, 2015 at 10:45 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: If the human race knew the world was going to end in one year (unavoidable comet impact say and that there was no escape, what do you think would happen? Also why? I have my opinions, but I'll share them after I hear a few.

Isn't this the premis of the film "seeking a friend for the end of the world"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1307068/

(March 7, 2015 at 10:22 am)ChadWooters Wrote: I think people would stop putting up with petty bullshit and the world would be a much cooler place for a while.

No apolocalyptic Christians would go around looking all smug and telling everyone they told them so.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

hmm...if i could i would steal one of NASA rockets and try to get off if i could
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going to buy a gun onlinebiker 46 2471 October 17, 2021 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Spooky
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1119 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 624 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Brian37 33 2374 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I knew he was a ____ when he ____! Gawdzilla Sama 10 1055 February 27, 2020 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: no one
  It's going to be a WARM winter onlinebiker 8 930 October 9, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  I am going naked on here to challenge my wife to do the same. funcouple 19 1647 August 31, 2019 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Are you going to let him do that? onlinebiker 4 1061 August 22, 2019 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  What's the going rate for the tooth fairy? Cod 16 1530 April 17, 2019 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Figbash
  The Poll To End All Polls no one 12 1036 February 5, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Yonadav