Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Way To Avoid War..
One Way To Avoid War..
Metallica got a bad wrap when it had topical lyrics addressing today's issues. Their songs were pro panet and anti war. 

It just sucks that the far right didn't get the jist of this song.

RE: One Way To Avoid War..
How does that avoid war? Not disagreeing (yet), just asking.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 7, 2020 at 3:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How does that avoid war? Not disagreeing (yet), just asking.

Boru

To be fair, it seems in our tribal species, war is unavoidable. But when you look at sane people, their are those, like in this lyrics in their song, that recognize the futility and harm war does.

I like this song because it recognizes the futility of war.

War is hardly futile.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 7, 2020 at 3:35 pm)no one Wrote:

I love this song. I admit, the only reason I know about it is because of the "Rush Hour" movies. But looking back it now, it DOES predate a positive perspective for it's time.

(March 7, 2020 at 3:39 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 7, 2020 at 3:35 pm)no one Wrote:

I love this song. I admit, the only reason I know about it is because of the "Rush Hour" movies. But looking back it now, it DOES predate a positive perspective for it's time.

I have to admit my knowledge of this song was solely based on the plot. But happy to see the outcome.

One way to avoid war is for the soldiers not volunteer to fight. Burn draft cards, don't show up when the draft notice arrives, refuse to fire upon an "enemy" that doesn't really want to fire on you, don't view people as an "immediate threat" that live 5000 miles from you, don't agree to fight people just because your dumb ass president says to!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(March 8, 2020 at 12:30 am)chimp3 Wrote: One way to avoid war is for the soldiers not volunteer to fight. Burn draft cards, don't show up when the draft notice arrives, refuse to fire upon an "enemy" that doesn't really want to fire on you, don't view people as an "immediate threat" that live 5000 miles from you, don't agree to fight people just because your dumb ass president says to!

In the more civilized countries they simply lock you up for shirking from conscription.

In the less civilized ones, they confine you in a stack of tires and set you on fire - or if you're lucky they simply shoot you dead.

So good luck with that hippy shit....
Killing everyone wirks.

No more war.
Dying to live, living to die.
Being civilized toward one another isn't an option?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flying War Boats, need your help Boru..... Brian37 24 1251 April 22, 2020 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Avengers: Infinity War BrianSoddingBoru4 31 2291 May 21, 2018 at 11:02 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Why I don't view Star Wars the same way now. Brian37 58 12411 May 8, 2017 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Way to fact-check, Osteen Cyberman 16 3058 May 28, 2016 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Mothonis
  Brace yourselves it is on it's way...... Brian37 3 861 December 17, 2015 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  War Is A Force That Gives Us Meaning, by Chris Hedges Combanitorics 46 7718 November 2, 2015 at 10:03 am
Last Post: abaris
  Books to Avoid BrokenQuill92 26 4332 April 12, 2014 at 9:52 am
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  War of the Dead: A CoH zombie fiction novel concept Creed of Heresy 2 1202 March 29, 2013 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  A good way to learn to read piano music? Voltair 9 2943 March 20, 2013 at 7:19 am
Last Post: festive1
  Guns n Roses - Civil War. ib.me.ub 1 882 November 13, 2010 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Paul the Human