Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslim against music
Music 
Muslim against music
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/guitari...story.html

National Post Wrote:Bilal Philips was once a guitar god. Now he is trying to convince Muslims that God doesn't want them listening to guitars.

"A heart filled with music will not have room for God's words," he writes in his book Contemporary Issues, which also defends child marriages, wife beating, polygamy and killing apostates while calling homosexuality "evil and dangerous."

"For many, music becomes a source of solace and hope instead of God" he says. "When they are down, music brings them up temporarily, like a drug. The Koran, the words of God filled with guidance, should play that role."

"Some of the most corrupt elements of society are found among the musicians. The drugs, the deviations and homosexuality, these type of things and all the corruption that's there, people committing suicide," he says. "The reality is that it in fact does carry an evil, dark side which produces that type of corruption amongst themselves and, in the end, ends up corrupting elements of the society."

Shock

[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
RE: Muslim against music
Reminds me of the adage: There is nothing more sanctimonious than a reformed whore.

Fuck allah.
(February 16, 2011 at 12:32 pm)OnlyNatural Wrote: "Some of the most corrupt elements of society are found among the musicians. The drugs, the deviations and homosexuality, these type of things and all the corruption that's there, people committing suicide," he says. "The reality is that it in fact does carry an evil, dark side which produces that type of corruption amongst themselves and, in the end, ends up corrupting elements of the society."

And Islam doesnt have the most dispicable corrupt elements of modern society. Excuse me, did I say "modern" and "Islam" in the same sentence? Dont know too many people that tie bombs to their shirt and blow up little children because of Master of Puppets or Dark Side of the moon. This man tries to take my bass out of my hands the last think this scum will see is his brains oozing out onto the floor as his vision fades into nothingness. Why isnt this man locked up and guarded to ensure the safety of us SANE people?

Quote:In his online videos, the former musician calls music an evil addiction. "The point is that if music were beneficial, then the musicians would demonstrate that benefit in their lives," he says in a YouTube video.

Really? So I guess all the musicians who are also philanthropists are worth nothing.

Fuck that douche, and I wish I could send a music bomb so the last thing he heard was "Hell's Bells" ringing in his ears.

Maybe these fucktards need to figure out why the Koran ISN'T enough to keep people from music - notice they never ask what's wrong with their book that it can't hold anyone's attention. Noooo, it's that DEMON MUSIC SEDUCING OUR YOUTH!!!

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx-277MRYuM

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

That's right...

No singing.
No dancing.
No listening to music.
No movies.
No watching television.
No video games.
No live theater.
No masturbation.
No parties.
No entertainment or pleasure of any kind.

You must worship Allah and praise him at every opportunity so that he will allow you into paradise after you're dead.

Where there will be no singing, dancing, music, movies, television, video games, live theater, masturbation, parties or entertainment of any kind. Where you will worship and praise Allah for eternity.

So.... your current life has to suck so the afterlife can suck.

I'll pass.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
There's only one response:

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."
(February 16, 2011 at 2:04 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
Quote:In his online videos, the former musician calls music an evil addiction. "The point is that if music were beneficial, then the musicians would demonstrate that benefit in their lives," he says in a YouTube video.

Really? So I guess all the musicians who are also philanthropists are worth nothing.

Im not sure how many Muslims you have had a discussion with of this far right mentality, but in my experience when he says "demonstrate the benefit in their lives" he means that they should be demonstrating the Islamic faith EXACTLY the way he personally follows it. When they are that far right of a cleric or whatever he is, every sentence must display some sort of quranic foundation. At least some of the hard right xians in America might hang around and have a conversation with an atheist... someone of this caliber of Islam jumps in, slams it down as hard and blunt and hateful as he possibly can muster, then completely ignores anything else you have to respond because what you have to say is not good enough his ears.. only the quran deserves to be spoken of positively, everything else is suspect.

Hence my music bomb. I don't talk to people who have no ears to listen.
Quote:At least some of the hard right xians in America might hang around and have a conversation with an atheist.

Nah. Those douchebags are no better. Their idea of a conversation is to preach about their silly sky-daddy. The "conversation" ends when we say prove it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5315 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2298 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1254 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1343 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4750 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3927 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 782 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Some Music History For Saudi Stooges ReptilianPeon 0 382 September 25, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1944 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 935 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup