Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussing religion
Discussing religion
Hey, would anybody but up to sharing their ideas on religion/Jesus in a zoom meeting with 30-40 skeptics, agnostics, atheists, Christians, etc.
RE: Discussing religion
No thank you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Elective dental surgery would be preferred.

No nitrous.
Thank you. It's just cool to be able to share without judgment a free space to talk about what you don't like about religion. It's going to be awesome and would love to hear different perspectives.
(April 23, 2020 at 2:04 pm)james hart Wrote: Thank you. It's just cool to be able to share without judgment a free space to talk about what you don't like about religion. It's going to be awesome and would love to hear different perspectives.

That’s what message boards are for. And I doubt very much such a discussion could be done without judgement. For example, I know nothing about you and I’m judging you already.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 23, 2020 at 1:59 pm)james hart Wrote: Hey, would anybody but up to sharing their ideas on religion/Jesus in a zoom meeting with 30-40 skeptics, agnostics, atheists, Christians, etc.

There are no atheist ideas because atheists speak the truth and truth is only one, so that's why atheism is very repetitive. For atheism you only need some common sense, some knowledge and awareness, and for people that are not ready to think, there are books from atheists that explain it to them like Sagan, Harris, Dawkins, Hitchens and many more, and they're all pretty much the same. And if religious people would bother to read any of their books, this forum, as any atheism discussion, would be redundant.

But no, religious people let other people stop them from getting to know what is in their books by listening to charlatans who tell lies about those books and atheists, who also flatter them so they feel like they are experts about those atheists although they never read any of those books by atheists, and therefore poisoning the well.

Like one example

[Image: abortinggod.png]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(April 23, 2020 at 2:05 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 23, 2020 at 2:04 pm)james hart Wrote: Thank you. It's just cool to be able to share without judgment a free space to talk about what you don't like about religion. It's going to be awesome and would love to hear different perspectives.

That’s what message boards are for. And I doubt very much such a discussion could be done without judgement. For example, I know nothing about you and I’m judging you already.

Boru

I'm allowing you to know now it's going to be a free space. Why would i lie to you. Think about it. I want you to come.

(April 23, 2020 at 2:32 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(April 23, 2020 at 1:59 pm)james hart Wrote: Hey, would anybody but up to sharing their ideas on religion/Jesus in a zoom meeting with 30-40 skeptics, agnostics, atheists, Christians, etc.

There are no atheist ideas because atheists speak the truth and truth is only one, so that's why atheism is very repetitive. For atheism you only need some common sense, some knowledge and awareness, and for people that are not ready to think, there are books from atheists that explain it to them like Sagan, Harris, Dawkins, Hitchens and many more, and they're all pretty much the same. And if religious people would bother to read any of their books, this forum, as any atheism discussion, would be redundant.

But no, religious people let other people stop them from getting to know what is in their books by listening to charlatans who tell lies about those books and atheists, who also flatter them so they feel like they are experts about those atheists although they never read any of those books by atheists, and therefore poisoning the well.

Like one example

[Image: abortinggod.png]

Why don't you share tonight? Can I PM you?
(April 23, 2020 at 1:59 pm)james hart Wrote: Hey, would anybody but up to sharing their ideas on religion/Jesus in a zoom meeting with 30-40 skeptics, agnostics, atheists, Christians, etc.

This is how life works even outside the internet. 

Even in physical reality, door to door, EVERYONE, when you knock on their door, IN PERSON, that person is going to respond differently.

My argument is, sure, you cant stop others from disagreeing with you. But you damned sure can know your audience.
No one will. Trust me. It's a free space. No one will preach at you are respond in hared, judgment, etc. It's an open space. I promise. It will for sure be interesting. If it's not you can easily leave the zoom conference.
(April 23, 2020 at 2:43 pm)james hart Wrote: No one will. Trust me. It's a free space. No one will preach at you are respond in hared, judgment, etc. It's an open space. I promise. It will for sure be interesting. If it's not you can easily leave the zoom conference.

Alternately, I could not show up at the conference at all, which would save me the bother of leaving. 

Why are you pushing this so hard?

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10702 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4894 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19776 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49211 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5181 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused