Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody watching the impeachment?
Anybody watching the impeachment?
Not me.

It's like the movie Titanic..

Why bother? I have a pretty good idea how it ends.

But hey - nobody thought the cheesedick in charge would get elected... (EC).

Maybe......It could happen.

But then - you get to deal with a real far right wingnut - and not a New York limosine liberal pretending to be one.

RE: Anybody watching the impeachment?
Yup. I'm a masochist that way. I was up until 2 am watching republicans destroy the republic. The fix was in, they swore the fix wasn't in, then demonstrated how the fix was in, in real time..for hours.

Long live the fucking king, I guess.

I don't share your worries about a "real" right wing nutbar...mostly because the trump admin is already full of them and trump really is one....but also because there's no garantee that there will ever be any other president of these united states after last night. What law could force a man who is beholden to no law to step down? Maybe our government should just resign in mass, let the dumpster fire rewrite things to reflect the current reality?

What are you gonna do..what would -republicans- even do if they wanted to get rid of him. Vote him out? Don't make me fuckin laugh.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 22, 2020 at 2:14 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Yup.  I'm a masochist that way.  I was up until 2 am watching republicans destroy the republic.  The fix was in, they swore the fix wasn't in, then demonstrated how the fix was in, in real time..for hours.

Tell me the voting score of the Clinton impeachment...

All ( D )s not guilty.
11 ( R )s not guilty.

If history is any guide this means a percentage of ( R )s are willing to jump ship......

Do I think enough will?

Nope.

But I thought by now I'd be sick to death of hearing "President Hillary"....

I wouldn't bet my life against it.

(January 22, 2020 at 2:14 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Yup.  I'm a masochist that way.  I was up until 2 am watching republicans destroy the republic.  The fix was in, they swore the fix wasn't in, then demonstrated how the fix was in, in real time..for hours.

I don't share your worries about a "real" right wing nutbar...mostly because the trump admin is already full of them and trump really is one....but also because there's no garantee that there will ever be any other president of these united states after last night.  What law could force a man who is beholden to no law to step down?  Maybe our government should just resign in mass, let the dumpster fire rewrite things to reflect the current reality?

What are you gonna do..what would -republicans- even do if they wanted to get rid of him.  Vote him out?  Don't make me fuckin laugh.

If you think Trump is idealistcally right - you drank the koolaide.....

He's a sleazy opportunist. 

He will take whatever position is adventageous...
Oh save your fucking clinton derangement for someone who cares. You asked about the impeachment of donald jessica trump, which has nothing to do with any bills or hitlerys.

I watched the premise of our republic die last night, what were you watching?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Not me. Just the evening/morning highlights.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I had to go pour myself another drink when I realized that our resident never trump trumpist had somehow convinced himself that right wing ideology was anything other than a naked opportunistic grasp for whatever might be advantageous in a given moment.

Donald Trump is the walking embodiment of right wing politics in the us. Not a fluke, not a grifter who fooled anyone. The Real Deal. Every single motherfucker who voted for him knew exactly what they were getting, and it was exactly what they wanted. I'm not going to entertain bullshit to the contrary and launch myself into a cletus safari to interview you and yours fishing for pleasant lies to fall asleep to...

....... who do you think I am, the fake news media? He's a traitor, you're a sympathizer, RIP America. Goddammit......
(January 22, 2020 at 2:23 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Oh save your fucking clinton derangement for someone who cares.  You asked about the impeachment of donald jessica trump, which has nothing to do with any bills or hitlerys.

I watched the premise of our republic die last night, what were you watching?

Go drink yourself into a stupor

Then you'll have an excuse for sounding like a 14 year old drama queen...
Quote:Go drink yourself into a stupor
I  imagine that's your default state which is why you keep saying stupid shit  

Quote:Then you'll have an excuse for sounding like a 14 year old drama queen...
Don't imagine 14 year olds talk about politics much  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I probably will. I'm already half a bottle in. You're over there talking about drama queens while your dear (not) leader attempts to burn the very idea of your country to the ground.

A country that we've both done...some things™.... for. IIRC? Bro, where the fuck are you?
You mean the cover up? No. I can’t stomach anymore at this point.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 965 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anybody got any Pfizer stock they don't need? Gawdzilla Sama 30 1284 November 12, 2020 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Anyone watching the COVID hearings? Brian37 5 565 May 12, 2020 at 5:17 pm
  If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax? ignoramus 12 911 April 24, 2020 at 4:37 pm
  Impeachment Vote Predictions onlinebiker 28 2099 February 9, 2020 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Who are the impeachment managers? onlinebiker 39 2422 January 16, 2020 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The impeachment of Trump suddenly looks like much more than just a theory WinterHold 45 3774 January 10, 2020 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1334 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anybody planning a Canadian vacation? onlinebiker 21 1777 October 21, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  First talks of impeachment. Chad32 59 12289 May 22, 2017 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: dyresand