Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cliches you'd stab someone for using.
Cliches you'd stab someone for using.
This is the thread you post the everyday crap people repeat that make you want to throat punch them.

For example, every goddamned time a natural disaster, say a tornado or hurricane is approaching, the news anchors/reporters always say "Hunker down"..... WHAT THE FUCK? Are we armadillos? "Curl up in a ball, that will fix everything".

Others that people use are "My bad" as if you purchased that "bad" at Walmart and have a receipt for it.
RE: Cliches you'd stab someone for using.
My bad is the excuse for doing something stupid these days. It avoids the need to apologize.
"Thank you for your service".

Somebody finds out you're a vet and they slap that tired, PC piece of shit on you.. They aren't really glad you did the  job - they want you to think that they are the good guy - full of gratitude.

Fuck that. If you're so fucking grateful - buy my drinks you bastard....
It's not hard to tell who says it and means it.
(May 1, 2020 at 2:30 am)Brian37 Wrote: This is the thread you post the everyday crap people repeat that make you want to throat punch them.

For example, every goddamned time a natural disaster, say a tornado or hurricane is approaching, the news anchors/reporters always say "Hunker down"..... WHAT THE FUCK? Are we armadillos? "Curl up in a ball, that will fix everything".

Others that people use are "My bad" as if you purchased that "bad" at Walmart and have a receipt for it.

I sometimes hunker down.  My bad.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 1, 2020 at 2:30 am)Brian37 Wrote: This is the thread you post the everyday crap people repeat that make you want to throat punch them.

It just means they're owning a mistake. It may mean that's as far as they'll go toward accepting responsibility for it.
(May 1, 2020 at 5:09 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: It's not hard to tell who says it and means it.

No. It's not.

When someone bleats the common tune - there is no sincerity.

Somebody who is actually grateful can use their own words to express it.
LOL...
I’m not a violent man by nature, but I’d likely go all stabby on anyone who used the phrase ‘Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress’ in my presence.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 1, 2020 at 9:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’m not a violent man by nature, but I’d likely go all stabby on anyone who used the phrase ‘Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress’ in my presence.

Boru

This! Kittens should be stewed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Someone thought this was intelligent FredTheLobster 10 810 September 29, 2021 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Obsolete Clichés! ignoramus 26 1153 April 23, 2021 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Converse using song lyrics ignoramus 26 1688 April 15, 2021 at 7:41 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Communicate using reverse psychology. ignoramus 16 749 December 3, 2018 at 11:34 pm
  Video of Sh*thole using Jr as a shield. Brian37 4 495 August 5, 2018 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Communicate using clichés only! ignoramus 252 20520 November 29, 2016 at 5:26 am
  Communicate wth the user above using sarcasm! ignoramus 30 2801 May 20, 2016 at 6:15 am
Last Post: Athene
  I hate cliches to death! ignoramus 65 6267 May 16, 2015 at 4:05 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I'm not leaving until I de-convert someone! Cinjin 3 1166 March 3, 2014 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  What is the worst thing someone can say to you during sex? orogenicman 38 12314 March 5, 2012 at 10:27 am
Last Post: picto90