Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've Been. Another liberal a hole poem
I've Been. Another liberal a hole poem
"I've  Been" By Brian37, AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @brianrrs37 on Twitter.

No, 
I am not Johnny Cash
I don't know what it was like
To live his life.

I do know that
Of personal strife
Of being bullied
In my early life

Johnny struggled
To get on top
Used his music
To do just that

I am sure
In his travels
He saw 
Alot

I have been to
Luxembourg 
France 
And Switzerland 

I never suffered
The prison blues
That Johnny sang about
That is true

But if there is a fire
In every artist's desire
There most certainly is
A ring of fire. 

Blondie 
Sure did
Pay homage 
To him.
RE: I've Been. Another liberal a hole poem
Quote:I never suffered
The prison blues
That Johnny sang about
That is true

Don’t feel bad - Cash never suffered those, either.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 12, 2020 at 8:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:I never suffered
The prison blues
That Johnny sang about
That is true

Don’t feel bad - Cash never suffered those, either.

Boru

But he sang about them.

Now lets try to wrap you head around this.

"Johnny Cash"

"Debra Harry/Blondie"

Why is it a 80s punk band would point to a prior country music star when they don't have anything in common?

Mind you, I am no fan of country music. But my best friend today, who is, I paid for a trip to Australia.

Now, when you can spend days and days being the third wheel in a road trip, hating country music, like I did, and not kill anyone, after being stuck in the back of a car for days and days with country music fans, please lecture me.
(May 12, 2020 at 9:13 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 12, 2020 at 8:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Don’t feel bad - Cash never suffered those, either.

Boru

But he sang about them.

"Johnny Cash"

"Debra Harry/Blondie"

Why is it a 80s punk band would point to a prior country music star when they don't have anything in common?

Mind you, I am no fan of country music. But my best friend today, who is, I paid for a trip to Australia.

Now, when you can spend days and days being the third wheel in a road trip, hating country music, like I did, and not kill anyone, after being stuck in the back of a car for days and days with country music fans, please lecture me.

Are you drunk?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 12, 2020 at 9:13 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 12, 2020 at 8:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Don’t feel bad - Cash never suffered those, either.

Boru

But he sang about them.

"Johnny Cash"

"Debra Harry/Blondie"

First off, no one’s lecturing you.

Are you aware that Springsteen, U2, And Florence And the Machine have also cover Cash’s songs? Not sure what makes Blondie so special, but ok.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 12, 2020 at 9:17 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(May 12, 2020 at 9:13 pm)Brian37 Wrote: But he sang about them.

"Johnny Cash"

"Debra Harry/Blondie"

Are you drunk?

Tell me when it is "ok" for any style of music to  be vilified?

I hate country music, but John, a guy I have known since the early 2000s has certainly not moved me to love country music blindly. But what he has done, which I do more of now, is not be so judgemental of things I don't like.

Because of John my favorite country Music Song is this... 

What does your paying for a trip for your best friend have to do with a connection between Blondie and Johnnie Cash?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 12, 2020 at 9:28 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: What does your paying for a trip for your best friend have to do with a connection between Blondie and Johnnie Cash?

Too many people defend politics than humanity.

Fyi, I lost money on both trips. After the fact our guests lost money too. But the difference between my friend's family and their offers, and the time we spent together, I never once implied they should pay for everything. 

My late friend's family offered to pay for air fare for both me and John.   I turned it down only because my, back then, now late mother, was having medical/mobility issues. When offered the trip, I declined, only because I would have felt horrible if something had happened to my mother, and I could not get back to her.
(May 12, 2020 at 9:50 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 12, 2020 at 9:28 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: What does your paying for a trip for your best friend have to do with a connection between Blondie and Johnnie Cash?

Too many people defend politics than humanity.

Fyi, I lost money on both trips. After the fact our guests lost money too. But the difference between my friend's family and their offers, and the time we spent together, I never once implied they should pay for everything. 

My late friend's family offered to pay for air fare for both me and John.   I turned it down only because my, back then, now late mother, was having medical/mobility issues. When offered the trip, I declined, only because I would have felt horrible if something had happened to my mother, and I could not get back to her.

That didn't answer the question.  Luckily, I wasn't holding my breath thinking you would actually answer.

It has nothing to do with payment.  Even to this day my friend John teases me  about finding ABBA, Metallica, and the Redskins fight song on Banjo. 

I didn't pay for his trip to buy loyalty. 

But, like he long term, slowly caused me to rethink social norms, he is the reason I no longer look at all red state and country music as  evil. 

John and I spent billions of hours (metaphorically speaking) on a 6 day road trip in the outback of Australia. I personally loved the topography the entire time. But between their music tastes and mine, being stuck in the back of our host car, and they both loving country music, It didn't matter how much I liked or disliked the scenery or their music taste. I was t their mercy.

But even given the fact I was a musical minority on my second trip, there were tons of moments I would not trade for the world.

I got to go to a tropical island  in Yappoon, and view an Echidna in the wild.  My country music loving friend John, got to leave the united states for the first time in his life. He got to pet a kangaroo and Koala too. 

I don't give a shit about the money.  I  do care that my close friend like John have the opportunity to see more of the world like I did. And my second trip to Australia was far more valuable to me knowing Bob's friend John, got to see where he lived.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forced, a poem about the bans on abortion. Brian37 5 150 April 10, 2024 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Lost Love (poem) Foxaèr 12 1161 February 4, 2023 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  W.I.P Poem (Of sorts) Nay_Sayer 0 261 January 11, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  New Poem about Black Wall Street. Brian37 0 276 June 1, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Poem "Squatter45" By Brian37 Brian37 7 378 January 30, 2021 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [poem] Could it be ? WinterHold 0 304 March 3, 2020 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  [Poem] Stray dog WinterHold 1 246 February 23, 2020 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  [Poem]: Glass bones WinterHold 3 362 January 27, 2020 at 3:31 pm
  Warm as a love poem she greeted me WinterHold 14 1171 November 21, 2019 at 1:53 pm
  Heard it from a friend you been messn a rnd. Brian37 8 798 October 5, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Cod