Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questionnaire about life (for academic purposes)
Questionnaire about life (for academic purposes)
Hello everyone,
I am currently collecting views about life, solely for academic purposes. I would really be grateful if any of you could answer the questions below. It doesn't matter if it's short or lengthy as long as they display your own thoughts and views. Thank you!

1. How would you define happiness?
2. What qualities make a person successful in life?
3. What qualities make a person a good person?
4. Are there any absolute or objective standards of right and wrong? If so, what are they?
5. At this point, what is the highest priority of your life?
6. If someone asked you to explain to them your philosophy of life (what you live by), what would you say? What reasons would you give to justify your answer?
7. What is your view concerning the existence of God or the nature of ultimate reality? What reasons would you give to justify your answer?
8. In your view, what is the most basic or fundamental human problem?
9. Is there a solution to the most basic human problem? If so, what is it?
10. What question do you most wish you could answer in your life?
RE: Questionnaire about life (for academic purposes)
1) One thing
2) Whoever has the most toys
3) Nice boobs and keister
4) Whatever I say
5) Nice boobs and keister
6) I would show them my magic 8 ball, and my Ouija board.
7) Make believe is for fairy tales
8) Other humans
9) Extermination
10) Where do all the left socks go?
(July 21, 2020 at 10:38 pm)no one Wrote: 1) One thing
2) Whoever has the most toys
3) Nice boobs and keister
4) Whatever I say
5) Nice boobs and keister
6) I would show them my magic 8 ball, and my Ouija board.
7) Make believe is for fairy tales
8) Other humans
9) Extermination
10) Where do all the left socks go?

10) all the socks that aren't gone are left. Duh! Also, bewbies! And kiester, too!  Hehe
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(July 21, 2020 at 10:26 pm)halos Wrote: Hello everyone,
I am currently collecting views about life, solely for academic purposes. I would really be grateful if any of you could answer the questions below. It doesn't matter if it's short or lengthy as long as they display your own thoughts and views. Thank you!

4. Are there any absolute or objective standards of right and wrong? If so, what are they?
6. If someone asked you to explain to them your philosophy of life (what you live by), what would you say? What reasons would you give to justify your answer?
7. What is your view concerning the existence of God or the nature of ultimate reality? What reasons would you give to justify your answer?
10. What question do you most wish you could answer in your life
Hey there, I'm bored so this will give me something to do for the moment.
1. A state in which you feel no guilt or shame and are glad for your existence.
2. I'm not sure. Even if you were an honest, trustworthy and kind person, the world has a way of keeping you down.
3. I guess the qualities listed above as well as faithful 
4. Right and wrong depends on what the majority believes (we don't hurt people because society says it's wrong. but i'm sure there are some places where eating people is considered the sane thing to do. Or right and wrong could be an innate thing.
5. To survive 
6. Just be kind and believe 
7. Evil
8. God exists 
9. God and faith
10. I want to know once and for all if there is a Heaven and a hell.
(July 21, 2020 at 10:26 pm)halos Wrote:

1. taking joy in life
2. being able to successfully navigate your life while being able to help others
3. positive morals, good character, integrity, respect
4. yes. any standard that improves society and does so over time and regardless of location. Love and honor others, always aim for minimal harm
5. God then family
6. Christian. My life.
7. Christian, transient but important. The Bible and my life
8. selfishness
9. Love, selflessness and sacrifice
10. Why don't people let some hurts heal.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(July 21, 2020 at 10:26 pm)halos Wrote: 7. What is your view concerning the existence of God or the nature of ultimate reality?[/size]

I don't have a logical problem with the existence of some God, so long as we have good reasons to believe that whatever entity exists that you're calling God is plausible. I'm an atheist partly because I just haven't seen good arguments for the type of entity that I would honestly consider to be "God". Is there a First Cause out there in the Aristotelian sense? Maybe, but that is not enough to be of concern for me as an atheist.

As for ultimate reality, I don't hold to any cosmogonal/cosmological worldview with strong conviction. It would be foolish for anyone (theist or atheist) to do so. But I do like the idea that reality basically amounts to this: if a world is metaphysically possible, it actually exists "out there". Meaning that, ultimately, all metaphysically possible worlds exist, and we live in one such world. This, to me, seems to be the most "non-arbitrary" view one can get.

I'm not attempting the other questions because trying to answer those would bore the hell out of me.

Hello halos. How's bible school?

I'm not helping with your homework. You can probably find most of your answers here: https://plato.stanford.edu/

Try not to plagiarize.

If you don't like that, my response to every question is: Whatever the bible and church tells me.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

1. How would you define happiness? Pastafraianism
2. What qualities make a person successful in life? Not being a dick
3. What qualities make a person a good person? See above
4. Are there any absolute or objective standards of right and wrong? If so, what are they? Maybe
5. At this point, what is the highest priority of your life? Converting lost lambs to FSMs light
6. If someone asked you to explain to them your philosophy of life (what you live by), what would you say? What reasons would you give to justify your answer? Live each day as if it were your last, Because it just may be
7. What is your view concerning the existence of God or the nature of ultimate reality? What reasons would you give to justify your answer? FSM created all, It's in his holy book
8. In your view, what is the most basic or fundamental human problem? All religions excluding mine 
9. Is there a solution to the most basic human problem? If so, what is it? Stop worshiping invisible sky genies, Unless it's FSM, Then double worship
10. What question do you most wish you could answer in your life? Are ducks secretly plotting to take over the world?
inb4 ban

My answers in bold
Ramen

(July 21, 2020 at 10:54 pm)Shazzalovesnovels Wrote:

10. What question do you most wish you could answer in your life
Hey there, I'm bored so this will give me something to do for the moment.
2. I'm not sure. Even if you were an honest, trustworthy and kind person, the world has a way of keeping you down.
4. Right and wrong depends on what the majority believes (we don't hurt people because society says it's wrong. but i'm sure there are some places where eating people is considered the sane thing to do. Or right and wrong could be an innate thing.
5. To survive 
7. Evil
8. God exists 
9. God and faith
Did you just out yourself as his/her sock? lol
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

An unattainable state of being.

Accomplishing selfless goals.

Treating others as one would want to be treated in kind.

One would think so, but it simply isn't the case for any absolute standard of right or wrong to exist. For instance, if it was absolutely wrong to kill, we wouldn't kill people during war time and we would not kill people via the death penalty.

Simply to live it as stress-free as possible.

I do not particularly subscribe to a philosophy of life. I simply live it from one breath to the next.

God does not exist. Reality is simply that which exists without disagreement; i.e., we can all look at a tree and agree that it is a tree.

That's a tough one. I can probably narrow it down to two issues: capitalism and religion.

Yes, properly educate people in order for religion to subside in relation to its irrational sway over people. Also, eradicate the monetary system and remove the socio-economic divide that breeds corruption and disunity.

When and how will I die?
(July 21, 2020 at 10:57 pm)Grandizer Wrote:
(July 21, 2020 at 10:26 pm)halos Wrote: 7. What is your view concerning the existence of God or the nature of ultimate reality?[/size]

I don't have a logical problem with the existence of some God, so long as we have good reasons to believe that whatever entity exists that you're calling God is plausible. I'm an atheist partly because I just haven't seen good arguments for the type of entity that I would honestly consider to be "God". Is there a First Cause out there in the Aristotelian sense? Maybe, but that is not enough to be of concern for me as an atheist.

As for ultimate reality, I don't hold to any cosmogonal/cosmological worldview with strong conviction. It would be foolish for anyone (theist or atheist) to do so. But I do like the idea that reality basically amounts to this: if a world is metaphysically possible, it actually exists "out there". Meaning that, ultimately, all metaphysically possible worlds exist, and we live in one such world. This, to me, seems to be the most "non-arbitrary" view one can get.

I'm not attempting the other questions because trying to answer those would bore the hell out of me.

What arguments have you heard? I'm curious.

(July 21, 2020 at 11:00 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:

1. How would you define happiness? Pastafraianism
2. What qualities make a person successful in life? Not being a dick
3. What qualities make a person a good person? See above
4. Are there any absolute or objective standards of right and wrong? If so, what are they? Maybe
5. At this point, what is the highest priority of your life? Converting lost lambs to FSMs light
6. If someone asked you to explain to them your philosophy of life (what you live by), what would you say? What reasons would you give to justify your answer? Live each day as if it were your last, Because it just may be
7. What is your view concerning the existence of God or the nature of ultimate reality? What reasons would you give to justify your answer? FSM created all, It's in his holy book
8. In your view, what is the most basic or fundamental human problem? All religions excluding mine 
9. Is there a solution to the most basic human problem? If so, what is it? Stop worshiping invisible sky genies, Unless it's FSM, Then double worship
10. What question do you most wish you could answer in your life? Are ducks secretly plotting to take over the world?
inb4 ban

My answers in bold
Ramen

(July 21, 2020 at 10:54 pm)Shazzalovesnovels Wrote: Hey there, I'm bored so this will give me something to do for the moment.
5. To survive 
7. Evil
8. God exists 
9. God and faith
Did you just out yourself as his/her sock? lol
Not sure what you mean. 
Is God in the sky?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me with my academic essay racingboo 22 2371 October 14, 2016 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Whateverist
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, reta 9 2104 April 23, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  testing purposes only- ignore ignoramus 10 1982 September 6, 2015 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Academic research beliefstudy 5 1091 August 30, 2012 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger