Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists and "Oh sh*t" mouments.
Atheists and "Oh sh*t" mouments.
Add yours here. Tell me about a event in your life where you almost got hurt or could have died.

Long ago, when my late mother was alive, after I moved down here to help take care of her, she got an invitation to a wedding from one of her former students. She was a lifetime public school teacher. So we decided to drive  from the east coast to Alabama where the wedding was held. We took turns driving. I love my late mother, but one thing that always drove me nuts about her driving, is that she would constantly take her eyes off the road. Once, when she lived in Philly, she drove up a curb because she wasn't paying attention. 

Anywho, while she was driving at the time, she blew a stop sign, and I kid you not, if she had been a second or two slower we would have been T-boned by an 18 wheeler.
RE: Atheists and "Oh sh*t" mouments.
I was stepping into a crosswalk with my son when a woman rear-ended the car waiting for us to go. The car shot across the crosswalk inches in front of us. I've almost been in car accidents tons of times.
(August 3, 2020 at 12:13 pm)Shell B Wrote: I was stepping into a crosswalk with my son when a woman rear-ended the car waiting for us to go. The car shot across the crosswalk inches in front of us. I've almost been in car accidents tons of times.

Not a fun sensation.

It isn't a good feeling either when you slip up and almost hurt someone else by accident. I was working as a dishwasher at big giant restaurant, only worked there for 3 months. But kinda like a Buffalo Wild Wings size. Anywho, my job was to go through the cook line to collect the empty pans and pots to clean. The line  was absurdly narrow, and dangerously narrow. The put rubber slip mats on the floor to prevent people from slipping, because of grease that might get on the floor. But that shit really doesn't help.  In close quarters and a fast paced environment you bump into people.

I was trying to get the bus pan past a fry cook and bumped into him. Holy shit was he lucky. He almost dropped his arm into the hot oil. I was fucking mortified. He didn't get hurt, but when he yelled at me, I completely understood.
The Y-donor threw me into a lake when I was seven. Stopped in the middle of a bridge, told me to get out. He got out and chucked me over the rail in one smooth motion. There happened to be a guy in a boat fishing under the bridge.

My side of the story lacked credibility.
(August 3, 2020 at 1:02 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The Y-donor threw me into a lake when I was seven. Stopped in the middle of a bridge, told me to get out. He got out and chucked me over the rail in one smooth motion. There happened to be a guy in a boat fishing under the bridge.

Huh?

What is the "Y-doner"?

And in addition, are you telling me some asshole tossed you over the side of a bridge but when you told the truth nobody believed you?
"Close" doesn't count.

Anything less than 3 days in ICU is just a fucking bandaid moment and shouldn't even raise your pulse rate.....
(August 3, 2020 at 1:07 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 3, 2020 at 1:02 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The Y-donor threw me into a lake when I was seven. Stopped in the middle of a bridge, told me to get out. He got out and chucked me over the rail in one smooth motion. There happened to be a guy in a boat fishing under the bridge.

Huh?

What is the "Y-doner"?

And in addition, are you telling me some asshole tossed you over the side of a bridge but when you told the truth nobody believed you?

You start life with two chromosomes. Sometimes two X, sometimes one X and one Y.

And yeah, kids always tell tall tales.
(August 3, 2020 at 1:27 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(August 3, 2020 at 1:07 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Huh?

What is the "Y-doner"?

You start life with two chromosomes. Sometimes two X, sometimes one X and one Y.

Again what?
(August 3, 2020 at 2:19 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 3, 2020 at 1:27 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: You start life with two chromosomes. Sometimes two X, sometimes one X and one Y.

Again what?

He is talking about his biological father...the sperm donor.

Zilla has only referred to his Y donor, oh....every time he has mentioned the guy.

Are we a little slow on the uptake Brian?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 3, 2020 at 2:30 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(August 3, 2020 at 2:19 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Again what?

He is talking about his biological father...the sperm donor.

Zilla has only referred to his Y donor, oh....every time he has mentioned the guy.

Are we a little slow on the uptake Brian?

Pobody's nerfect.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication Eclectic 23 1897 September 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4459 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2190 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet