Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Scenario
Interesting Scenario
Let’s imagine a situation - unlikely as it may be - in which the upcoming Presidential election is contested, for a variety of reasons. Trump claims fraud, Biden claims fixing, they both claim vote-dumping, the actual reasons don’t really matter. The dispute drags on and on. Neither side budges an inch. Congress is unable to resolve the issue and the Supreme Court declines to intervene.

20 January 2021 rolls around, with no election result confirmed. Biden hasn’t won and Trump’s term ends at noon. Your new President is...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Interesting Scenario
I just read a long list of facts checked against Trump's RNC speech.

Needless to say those things that weren't outright lies were exaggerations (I can never remember, one or two "g's"?"
Dying to live, living to die.
Actually, I believe in one of those scenarios, the House decides who's president, but with votes apportioned equally among states. Since there's more red states, Trump would be voted back in.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 28, 2020 at 8:06 am)Angrboda Wrote: Actually, I believe in one of those scenarios, the House decides who's president, but with votes apportioned equally among states.  Since there's more red states, Trump would be voted back in.

Correct, but if Congress hasn’t acted by noon on the 20th, Pelosi would become acting President.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
And I was hoping it would be Ronald McDonald!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(August 28, 2020 at 10:59 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: And I was hoping it would be Ronald McDonald!

A better class of clown, and quite possibly could do a better job.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1483 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Nukes: post your imagined scenario of the next war WinterHold 46 3302 February 24, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Interesting Turn of Events in California Minimalist 25 3075 May 12, 2018 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Supreme Court Cases (and other interesting cases) - A Thread! TheRealJoeFish 11 3614 June 2, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Would Trump supporters remain consistent under this scenario NuclearEnergy 14 2325 May 6, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  BalancedRebelion.com interesting website for 3rd party voters ReptilianPeon 0 690 September 13, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Interesting Double Standard by the Corporate Media Minimalist 2 696 August 31, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Interesting Turn of Events.... Minimalist 0 601 December 16, 2015 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Interesting Survey of Republicunt Voters Minimalist 1 879 September 29, 2015 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Some interesting stuff I learned about [white] nationalists Dystopia 29 5331 January 14, 2015 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger