Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breonna killers not charged.
Breonna killers not charged.
One officer was charged with reckless endangerment because his bullets ended up in an adjacent dwelling. BUT regarding the bullets that killed Breonna, no indictment!

Her family was just awarded 12 million dollars in a civil suit why then?

It is Kentucky and Mitch is the master. But this shit is bullshit.

An innocent black woman was murdered by police and the state of Kentucky thinks "oops" and 12 million dollars makes up for it?
RE: Breonna killers not charged.
Buy your way out of trouble.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Same reason OJ is "innocent".

Civil court has a much lower standard of evidence than criminal court.
(September 23, 2020 at 3:25 pm)Sal Wrote: Buy your way out of trouble.

No fucking shit.

Police, "Sorry we killed your loved one, here is  a ham."

(September 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Same reason OJ is "innocent".

Civil court has a much lower standard of evidence than criminal court.

Yea, we know.

I am well aware that it is possible for a civil case to win and a criminal case to fail based on the same case.

But this is a case of FUCKING BULLSHIT.

This is a case of "oops" lets whitewash it with a payoff.
Well, look at it this way: Given the institutionalized racism in the justice system, he’s likely to get a very light sentence, if any (the chance he’ll get the maximum of 15 years isn’t worth considering).

At least he’ll be getting away wanton endangerment and not getting away with murder.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
well I'm not sure about the laws there. I know in some places any deaths/damages that happen during the commission of a felony fall on the felon. This excuses a lot of cop behavior most likely and I'm not advocating it's right or wrong, just a point of discussion.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
I wonder how much influence the police union(s) had. hmm.....
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 23, 2020 at 4:24 pm)tackattack Wrote: well I'm not sure about the laws there. I know in some places  any deaths/damages that happen during the commission of a felony fall on the felon. This excuses a lot of cop behavior most likely and I'm not advocating it's right or wrong, just a point of discussion.

That doesn’t appear to be the case here. The $12M settlement to Taylor’s family isn’t being paid by the police. Half is being paid out if the city’s risk management fund, the rest by insurance.

Hankison, the only person charged with a felony in this sorry, sordid mess isn’t financially liable.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
He may have gotten away with it but cops are not the favorites among the inmates. Inmates aren't going to care what he's there for...he is either going to be "taken care of" or he will spend all time locked away in near solitary to protect his ass.

They all should have been charged...with that I agree. But there will be no easy sentence for the cop that's going to be behind bars.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

It is unusual for the civil case to be done before the criminal.

I wonder if the plaintiff pushed it to be first because they felt the criminal case would tank - prejudicing the civil jury into finding for the defense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man Charged with Fleeing onlinebiker 4 585 May 4, 2022 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Black Serial Killers Foxaèr 10 959 November 29, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: T.J.
  BREAKING: Former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia WinterHold 14 893 September 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 416 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7492 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Parkland Rent a Cop Charged. onlinebiker 75 8140 June 11, 2019 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Former Nazi Camp guard charged... Brian37 7 761 November 26, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Aspiring pastor charged with murdering his wife. brewer 10 2323 September 8, 2017 at 5:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheist blogger charged for "inciting hatred" for playing pokemon go in church Aoi Magi 12 1093 September 6, 2016 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Joods
  Ohio Seminary student arrested, charged with trying to arrange sex with infants Mermaid 17 4885 February 10, 2016 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd