Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intelligent Falling
Intelligent Falling
The question: "Evolution or not" is on the same level as "Gravity" or not.

See: "Intelligent Falling!"

I 'd like  open a thread on that topic.

Quote:Intelligent Falling proposes that the scientific explanation of gravitational force cannot explain all aspects of the phenomenon, so credence should be given to the idea that things fall because a higher intelligence is moving them. Furthermore, IF asserts that theories explaining gravity are not internally consistent nor mathematically reconcilable with quantum mechanics, making gravity a "theory in crisis". IF also makes the claim that gravity is "only a theory", parodying the claims made by creationists regarding the theoretical status of evolution. IF apologists jokingly advocate that IF should be taught in school along with the theory of gravity so that students can make "an informed decision" on the subject, in a parody of the demands to "teach the controversy".

More about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_falling

If somebody believes in creation, he has also to believe in "Intelligent Falling."
RE: Intelligent Falling
That "intelligence" also "allows/makes" rockets; kites; jet planes; birds etc etc etc defy it's "FALL!" law? My view? Ain't no woo in gravity, probs just down to "large" quantities of matter curving spacetime "a bit" or somesuch.
Intelligent falling was clearly demonstrated in the movie "Avatar".
"Intelligent Falling"? I like it.

The FSM of gravity.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Unintelligent Falling got me a broken arm. Forgot to tuck and roll.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
We're supposed to believe that a higher intelligence that cannot be bothered to ensure children don't starve, cannot prevent children from being raped, and cannot ensure children have happy childhoods by not contracting cancer is the same higher intelligence that acts as the sole ruler of objects falling?

Gurl, you be crazy.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 4, 2020 at 2:00 pm)Dundee Wrote: The question: "Evolution or not" is on the same level as "Gravity" or not.

See: "Intelligent Falling!"

I 'd like  open a thread on that topic.

Quote:Intelligent Falling proposes that the scientific explanation of gravitational force cannot explain all aspects of the phenomenon, so credence should be given to the idea that things fall because a higher intelligence is moving them. Furthermore, IF asserts that theories explaining gravity are not internally consistent nor mathematically reconcilable with quantum mechanics, making gravity a "theory in crisis". IF also makes the claim that gravity is "only a theory", parodying the claims made by creationists regarding the theoretical status of evolution. IF apologists jokingly advocate that IF should be taught in school along with the theory of gravity so that students can make "an informed decision" on the subject, in a parody of the demands to "teach the controversy".

More about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_falling

If somebody believes in creation, he has also to believe in "Intelligent Falling."

I am not sure what this analogy would do.   It certainly can not, even in principle. help those who are no informed by science, and is worthless for any purpose other than private glee for those who are informed by science.
I feel like this parody is based on a misunderstanding of why creationists don't believe evolution is true. The reason has to do with a very literal reading of the Scriptures, not something about explanatory power and such.
There are people who truly believe that gravity is a hoax, like flat Earthers Christians, so this is not a parody for many people out there.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(October 5, 2020 at 12:15 am)Grandizer Wrote: I feel like this parody is based on a misunderstanding of why creationists don't believe evolution is true. The reason has to do with a very literal reading of the Scriptures, not something about explanatory power and such.

The goal might be to show a literal reading of scripture leads to adoption of manner of explanation which by analogy is Flawed, and hope thereby to inspire doubts about the merit and value of literal reading of scripture.

But for most of the audience that goal would be akin to getting those who have no brains to using their brains. But Perhaps a few of those who are thought to have no brains merely misplaced their brains in some obscure cellar.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent Design (brief overview). Mystic 70 12884 May 9, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Intelligent (?) Design Minimalist 12 4283 August 21, 2017 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44886 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Finely-tuned universe wanted: Intelligent Designers need not apply. Time Traveler 38 8505 April 11, 2016 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
Video Intelligent Design, The Designer is Drunk! Mental Outlaw 6 2221 March 15, 2015 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Disbelief in an intelligent creator = far fetched? Foxaèr 39 7846 January 12, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Nope
  Why intelligent design "proofs" are pointless robvalue 27 6401 September 13, 2014 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  I find it hilarious when men argue intelligent design. Lemonvariable72 10 4429 December 3, 2013 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Mothonis
  Derren Brown on 'Intelligent' Design Gooders1002 0 1189 December 8, 2012 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Deeply Religious Man Crushed By Falling Crucifix, Loses Leg Tino 28 11297 October 28, 2012 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Polaris