Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new
If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new
creation?

I mean if i make a bike, and some idiot rides it. I am not going to keep that model for future bikes to crash on.
I will create a new world for bikes that is according to my design and will create a barrier shield so that the idiot cannot ride it and ruin it for the customers according to what i built.
Isnt that a flaw in the origin story of Adam and Eve in a nutshell. to be honest i give cred to Bill Burr the comedian, he sort of gave that idea which led me to think more about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZDGMI_6LXM
Basically the point is the idea of judgement and hell makes zero sense. Why would i put gasoline on my bike and burn it for something it didnt do?. I mean the creator made it, make it again and not let a dozens of bicycles screw themself up. It would be the most moral and intelligent thing to do. But he doesnt do that, so yeah
Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

Though some stuff just doesnt make any sense aswell. Like this bit, like if i know what to eat, dont get too high blood sugar level but not too low either. So saturday and sundays for me. Fasting is the least helpful thing if you lack what your body need, you just need to be smart. But its just a good bit on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvpTXZ1VjUA
RE: If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new
The foundation of the Abrahamic religions is bullshit stories told around fires made from dried camel dung. Given that basis why would anything make sense?
RE: If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new
Quote:Sura 67, Page 562, The Quran:
( 2 )   [He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving -

God never lost control; the Quran mentions it clear that this life is nothing but a test.
Even demons were his creation; after all. Satan, too.
(June 25, 2017 at 6:53 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
( 2 )   [He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving -

God never lost control; the Quran mentions it clear that this life is nothing but a test.

So basically humans are puppets. Or no, pawn in some kind of game. God is the dungeon master, and humans are the chess pieces. Don't see how an all wise god would think that is a good idea, unless he is incredibly bored.

I also had to search up if the islamic God is supposed to be good. He seems to atleast reward good behavior.

Yeah i still dont see how this makes sense? Like to me it just seems he's incredibly immorale if that is the case. I mean if the idea is to create a world for failed models to strive instead of having a world where people get along.
Most of the books and stories don't make sense. Most modern day Humans can think of better things to do than this god did, and future generations will likely be even more enlightened than us. The fact that anyone in a first world nation thinks the idea of a single overlord running the show with no checks and balances is a good thing, is rather odd. Most Americans wouldn't want to move to North Korea, but they want to worship a god that isn't much different from any Human dictator.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 25, 2017 at 6:53 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:

Spiderman never fell to his death because of a broken web either.

Obe Wan wasn't killed by Darth Vader either.

And Altas, while I am glad you are a liberal Muslim, please understand that "it's a test" is bad argument Christians and Jews use as well.

The morality of claiming "its a test" is horrible.

For example, a 5 year old boy or girl gets kidnapped by a molester, raped and butchered and murdered. In reality unfortunately that happens all the time. Exactly what kind of "test" is that to the kid? What could a kid do at such a young age to deserve that kind of "test".

No sorry. 

A test is something you take in school. A test is something you do to get a spot on a sporting team. A test is something you take to get a job. Violence and death is not a "test". An unfortunate reality sure, but the idea of it being a test is immoral.

If you have kids, and you interviewed a baby sitter about their history, would you hire them if they said, "I baby sat 99 kids. 33 I protected and stopped the molester before they even got in the door. 33 I allowed the molester in, let them molest the kid, but got the police there and had them arrested. And 33 I allowed the molester to molest them and murder them and did nothing"....... Now would you hire such a baby sitter who had such a spotty selective deadbeat record? Would you consider those horrible things a compassionate "test" to the kids?

How about reality. There is no magic to life, there is no cosmic security guard vs a man with a pitchfork battling over the neurons in your brain. Bad happens yes, but there is no magic to it. Cancer and tornados are natural, that does not mean we want those things affecting us.

Life is not a "test", it is merely life. We struggle to survive sure, but the word "test" is inappropriate and especially morso if you want to claim a super cognition exists and can help us but doesn't.

"Test" does not work when Muslims or Jews or Christians use it, just like "Karma" in Hinduism and Buddhism is simply a superstition to explain why bad things happen.
I mean there is a reason why we have judges and courts in the real world. Because we know evil happens because we live in reality. For a god to create evil, or atleast not fix it with like creating another world or planet with barrier shield so that he can create a creation that is more to his good design. And then create a judge after death makes zero sense. I mean he makes us just to punish us is literally the most dumbest method in my view. I mean demons in other religions such as Japan for example makes sense to me because those demons exists simply because to illustrate a point that evil stuff exist in the world, but it doesnt try to pin it down on humans which is dumb, its kinda like boogey man method more or less.
(June 25, 2017 at 10:42 am)Roeki Wrote:
(June 25, 2017 at 6:53 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: God never lost control; the Quran mentions it clear that this life is nothing but a test.

So basically humans are puppets. Or no, pawn in some kind of game. God is the dungeon master, and humans are the chess pieces. Don't see how an all wise god would think that is a good idea, unless he is incredibly bored.

I also had to search up if the islamic God is supposed to be good. He seems to atleast reward good behavior.

Yeah i still dont see how this makes sense? Like to me it just seems he's incredibly immorale if that is the case. I mean if the idea is to create a world for failed models to strive instead of having a world where people get along.

No, humans aren't puppets and God is not real.  Why do you think otherwise?  And if you think the idea of giving God a role in human affairs is as silly as using us as finger puppets for His self amusement .. why do you think he has any role whatsoever?  Are you a deist then?
(June 25, 2017 at 11:26 am)Brian37 Wrote: And Altas, while I am glad you are a liberal Muslim, please understand that "it's a test" is bad argument Christians and Jews use as well.

In what sense do Jews use the term "test?"

If Hindus believe that bad things happen because of karma, does that belief change their response to dealing with the problem?
(June 25, 2017 at 12:01 pm)Aliza Wrote:
(June 25, 2017 at 11:26 am)Brian37 Wrote: And Altas, while I am glad you are a liberal Muslim, please understand that "it's a test" is bad argument Christians and Jews use as well.

In what sense do Jews use the term "test?"

If Hindus believe that bad things happen because of karma, does that belief change their response to dealing with the problem?

Well jews dont believe hell fire is torment, the fire they think of is to cleanse you from unpure stuff, but not torture. Basically hell is more that you are ashamed or something and have to be rehabilitated. King of what psychologists do before you go to heaven. Basically in judaism anyone can go to heaven if they are good or dont commit blasphemy etc.... though even if they are bad there doesnt seem to be much consequences. Well unless you reaaaaaally are just awful, and that has to be on a huge level. There is this place called Abaddon, which esentially means your soul and body goes to the void or something, the nothingness.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creator God Gets to Make the Rules zwanzig 25 2009 August 6, 2023 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 709 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why did God allow his words to be changed? Fake Messiah 53 3997 October 23, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Intelligent Falling Dundee 9 1530 October 5, 2020 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Brahma and Abraham Fake Messiah 44 4009 September 21, 2020 at 5:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A Working Draft Design Argument Acrobat 54 5085 October 19, 2019 at 10:28 am
Last Post: GUBU
  God can make infinitely more special/valuable things than this universe blue grey brain 84 9463 December 17, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution android17ak47 49 7839 November 1, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If God's Not An Asshole His Followers Are Minimalist 21 3039 August 13, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If God of Abraham books are false Smain 6 2034 June 26, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr