Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving FB
Leaving FB
For good this time.

What was the final straw?

A warning, granted it was just a warning (yet irritating enough to push me over the edge), regarding a comment from over a year ago. I must have seriously pissed off someone who could only find that one thing from over a year ago in order to report me. Such petty people in this world, I swear.

Anywho, FB is toxic anyway. Have you recently checked out the mobile app rating? 3.0. People are pissed at the site.

I'm just wondering when a viable alternative will be available, because obviously we need one.

In the meantime, I can be found on Twitter.

Roy Ott

Yes, that's my real name. Follow me, I'll follow you.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Leaving FB
(October 25, 2020 at 9:21 am)Eleven Wrote: For good this time.

What was the final straw?

A warning, granted it was just a warning (yet irritating enough to push me over the edge), regarding a comment from over a year ago. I must have seriously pissed off someone who could only find that one thing from over a year ago in order to report me. Such petty people in this world, I swear.

Anywho, FB is toxic anyway. Have you recently checked out the mobile app rating? 3.0. People are pissed at the site.

I'm just wondering when a viable alternative will be available, because obviously we need one.

In the meantime, I can be found on Twitter.

Roy Ott

Yes, that's my real name. Follow me, I'll follow you.

It'd be fun introducing you to a guy up the street -

Ray Og

Ray Og - Roy Ott.. Roy Ott - Ray Og. Ray - Roy. Roy - Ray. Og - Ott. Ott - Og....

Jesus.

It'd give a host an aneurysm...

Big Grin
There's an abbreviation in the UK - "they're/it's a bit O.T.T" meaning "Over The Top."
I'm expecting the world to stop turning any moment now.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
...starring Nicolas Cage!

In this one he plays a dude trying to kill himself with weed. So he goes to a dispensary and fills a cart with edibles then hires a prostitute but gets too high to have sex.
I haven't used FB in years.

Miss some people but not the site.
Dying to live, living to die.
Dude doesn't want to be "arbiter of truth" because he's making too much money selling fear, anger, and lies.  

I don't miss it.  I hear from friends and family through texts and emails again, like before.
(October 25, 2020 at 11:14 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I haven't used FB in years.

Miss some people but not the site.

I never joined.

But when I was over at TTA some cunt claimed to have made a page with my moniker stuck on it.....

Dunno.

Never bothered to look.

The cunt wasn't worth any effort.
(October 25, 2020 at 10:37 am)Angrboda Wrote: I'm expecting the world to stop turning any moment now.

Well, would the spin of the Earth stop suddenly or a slow deacceleration? In case of the former, I'd like to order a ticket to the North Pole, or South Pole to come prepared.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
I will never quit Facebook - you have to join something before you can quit it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaving Atheist Forums ScienceAf 16 3228 January 10, 2017 at 3:48 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Leaving. tor 35 3759 March 26, 2014 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Ivy (not EVIE) is really leaving for a bit Fruity 72 9832 September 23, 2013 at 3:23 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Leaving your legacy ElDinero 14 3132 November 7, 2011 at 6:50 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Leaving the forum for a while. leo-rcc 9 1709 October 29, 2010 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Tiberius