Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are you on the vaccine roll-out schedule and...
Where are you on the vaccine roll-out schedule and...
... do you think you'll take the vax when it's your turn or will you wait (for noble or ignoble reasons)?

I'm right after nursing home residents, but I see moms down the line from me and I'm not sure if I need that shot more than they do.
RE: Where are you on the vaccine roll-out schedule and...
I will see what my doctor suggests. I am interested in seeing the numbers as the vaccine is administered. What is the efficacy? What are the side effects? I am all for vaccines but not so much being a guinea pig.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Undecided.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I'll probably be in one of the the last groups, age and ex smoker being my only determinants.

So yep, I'll be taking the vaccine when it becomes available to me provided that no disturbing morbidities show up at a significant percentage in the earlier groups.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'll root around for the proposed roll-out sched. when the morphine wears off. Right now the letters won't stay put.
I don’t know. I hate injections, and the best strategy I’ve had for enduring it is biting down on my wallet. I’m not sure how viable of an option this will be in our masked age. I’m hoping that it works, but given that I’ve heard immunity might only last for a few months, I’m unsure that there might even be a point. I’ve made clear that I have misgivings about the annual flu jabs (especially since every year I can remember having the shot, I also remember getting sick, going to the doctor, and getting diagnosed with the flu anyway) but, hey, at least what I’ve heard about the new COVID vaccine, with a potential 95% effectiveness rate, it’s at least far more effective than any flu vaccine I’ve been able to find data on (and it ranges from 2004-5’s 10% to 2010-11’s 60%.)

As for life situation: I’m 30 years old (going on 31) and in mediocre health (I have been dealing with a chronic cough for months) and I live with my father, who recently turned 66, so I’m not sure where I’d fit on the vaccine schedule.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

I will take it as soon as it’s available to me.
I am a university professor and have asthma. I will take the vaccine when I get a chance.

I also want to travel again. And have dinner at a restaurant. And hang out with friends.
As soon as possible! My wife is a teacher so she will probably be next in line after medical staff.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My problem with the covid vaccine Ronaldo 88 8596 September 2, 2021 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  I didn’t do it out of hate. ... I did it out of love. brewer 2 465 January 10, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Divinity
  UK approves Pfizer's vaccine Foxaèr 0 205 December 2, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  London police to roll out facial recognition CCTV Duty 22 1501 January 24, 2020 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Anti-Vaccine Doctor Kills Himself AFTT47 19 3569 June 28, 2015 at 2:57 am
Last Post: Aractus