Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you for coming out, Matt Damon.
Thank you for coming out, Matt Damon.
Quote:Matt Damon: Gay actors should not come out as gay if they want a career

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/matt-...-a-career/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Thank you for coming out, Matt Damon.
Who suspected it?
My gaydar must be broken...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Yes, what a pity that Neil Patrick Harris, Jim Parsons, Ian McKellan and Stephen Fry just can't seem to find work....

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
One commenter noted that gaystar is in it for the sensationalism and posted a link to the original Guardian article which seems to confirm such.  Undecided
Honestly if you read what he actually said with more context it makes sense. He actually says it about being straight or gay. I think he's just saying, that if you are an attractive actor and that is part of what you are selling to people. Then people not knowing your sexuality means they can fantasize either way. People can crush on you and pretend that you are straight or gay to suit their fantasy of you. And you will have the option of playing roles of gay or straight characters without peoples knowledge of your actual preferences interfering with that. Like he says
Matt Damon Wrote:“But in terms of actors, I think you’re a better actor the less people know about you period. And sexuality is a huge part of that. Whether you’re straight or gay, people shouldn’t know anything about your sexuality because that’s one of the mysteries that you should be able to play.”
Bolding mine
Has there ever been an actor who wasn't a homosexual?
Wow, that's stupid.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(September 29, 2015 at 6:52 pm)abaris Wrote: Wow, that's stupid.
Rock Hudson?
(September 29, 2015 at 7:23 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Rock Hudson?

Ronald Reagan?

One doesn't make all.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(September 29, 2015 at 8:59 am)Nine Wrote: Honestly if you read what he actually said with more context it makes sense. He actually says it about being straight or gay. I think he's just saying, that if you are an attractive actor and that is part of what you are selling to people. Then people not knowing your sexuality means they can fantasize either way. People can crush on you and pretend that you are straight or gay to suit their fantasy of you. And you will have the option of playing roles of gay or straight characters without peoples knowledge of your actual preferences interfering with that. Like he says
Matt Damon Wrote:“But in terms of actors, I think you’re a better actor the less people know about you period. And sexuality is a huge part of that. Whether you’re straight or gay, people shouldn’t know anything about your sexuality because that’s one of the mysteries that you should be able to play.”
Bolding mine

So I guess bisexual for the win! We rule!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another US Export. Thank You So Bloody Much BrianSoddingBoru4 6 358 January 13, 2021 at 11:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I didn’t do it out of hate. ... I did it out of love. brewer 2 469 January 10, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Among Matt Bevin's Pardons: Man who raped 9 year old girl Cecelia 1 406 December 14, 2019 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Matt Lauer fired from NBC, take a guess. Brian37 8 1652 November 29, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Crazy Left Keeps Coming...Please. Don't Stop. Neo-Scholastic 152 19044 October 31, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Disney Channel is making history with its first gay coming-out story Foxaèr 57 5964 October 28, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Guess what? A "White Lives Matter" movement is coming. Foxaèr 9 1157 October 11, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Sheriff Shitstain Upset That His Tents Are Coming Down Minimalist 1 800 April 4, 2017 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Please thank the Today show. Brian37 1 926 April 18, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Thank You Britain Minimalist 17 2969 June 21, 2014 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut