Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you like mulled wine?
Do you like mulled wine?
Do you like mulled wine?
Now is the time for it!

Quote:Mulled wine, also known as spiced wine, is a beverage usually made with red wine along with various mulling spices and sometimes raisins. It is served hot or warm and is alcoholic, although there are non-alcoholic versions of it.
It is a traditional drink during winter, especially around Christmas.
 It is served at Christmas markets in Europe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulled_wine
Here we have mulled wine every day now.
RE: Do you like mulled wine?
Authentic Mulled wine only comes from this guy.
[Image: MARTIN%20MULL%20copy.jpg]
I often don't drink mulled wine while not lighting my advent candles.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Not particularly. Mostly because it’s usually served warm
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Mulla'd wine?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Never tried it.

Not a wine drinker so probably never will.

And the only time raisins should be mixed with alcohol is in a well prepared fruitcake.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 9, 2020 at 5:27 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Never tried it.

And the only time raisins should be mixed with alcohol is in a well prepared fruitcake.

Funny you should mention that.  I started aging the fruitcake today (it's actually a Christmas pudding, but let's not be fussy).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 9, 2020 at 5:33 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 9, 2020 at 5:27 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Never tried it.

Funny you should mention that.  I started aging the fruitcake today (it's actually a Christmas pudding, but let's not be fussy).

Boru

A guy I worked with years ago always soaked his fruitcake ingredients for six months before he made a cake.

I swear I nearly got drunk on one slice (and I used to be out drinking every weekend in those days).
Dying to live, living to die.
Mine are booze-free (I don't drink and Ellen doesn't drink much), and when we give fruitcakes as gifts, I cook up a hard sauce that'll make you see the angels.

Boru
(December 8, 2020 at 11:56 pm)tackattack Wrote: Not particularly. Mostly because it’s usually served warm

Why "served"?

You can buy it per bottle in shops and drink it cold.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can we also talk about the pleasures of good wine? Dundee 67 4723 December 21, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  If you come to my house, you'd better like... Astreja 51 3505 August 8, 2018 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Seraphina