Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 18, 2024, 10:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we also talk about the pleasures of good wine?
Any good wine?

As wine is also a part of Lifestyle.
RE: Can we also talk about the pleasures of good wine?
(March 11, 2020 at 6:49 pm)Dundee Wrote: Can we also talk about the pleasures of good wine?
Any good wine?

As wine is also a part of Lifestyle.

Never took to it.  I was a beer and whiskey man. Every wine I ever tried tasted like jumped up vinegar.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Wine is my entire life.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Sex and sleeping are the 2 main pleasures which come from good wine, No?

^
(I was going to mention to wait for the experts to report here but she beat me to it! lol)
(LFC is a world renown professional chugger Big Grin)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
When I lived in Sicily I had an apartment in Motta Sant'anastasia, a tiny town with a genuine Norman crusader castle and little else. But my landlord seemed to like me, he invited me to with him on a wine buying trip one weekend. We left at crack-o-dawn and wound up near Agrigento, where we had breakfast and wine tasting. He recommended a few bottles and I bought them with gringo currency, accepted readily by the vineyard. The whole day went this way and I came back with four dozen bottles of very nice wine. I drank it with pop corn and Fritos while stoned on the local hash.
I would rather drink it than talk about it!

Can anyone explain this, I can drink red wine all day with no problems (apart from the room spinning and the floor moving) but if I drink white wine (just one glass) it sets off my asthma and I feel like an eliphant is sitting on my chest. I have checked the levels of preservative (usually sodium metabisulphate) and it's the same in both red and white, so what's the difference??
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I was basically raised in a winery
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 12, 2020 at 11:56 am)Alex K Wrote: I was basically raised in a winery

I was raised on a farm. You win.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Still raisin'
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'll cook with it, but never drink it. Even when I would swim in the alcohols.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you like mulled wine? Dundee 23 887 December 21, 2020 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  Those guilty pleasures Foxaèr 18 1666 October 29, 2018 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious