Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox 'News' Running Scared
Fox 'News' Running Scared
Fox Debunks Their Own Hosts

Quote:After voting technology company Smartmatic sent Fox News a blistering legal threat that accused the network of participating in a "disinformation campaign" against it, the network has started airing a remarkable news package debunking claims its hosts and guests have propagated.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Fox 'News' Running Scared
OANN and the like are stealing Fux's mojo. And the company brass is refuting Hannity's ravings last I heard.
Hmm..... sounds like the legal system needs to be weaponized against the media conspiracy personalities and outlets.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
First amendment would get in the way.
(December 20, 2020 at 10:02 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: First amendment would get in the way.

Hasn't stopped Trump and allies from filing. This case indicates that sometimes the threat is enough.
(December 20, 2020 at 10:14 am)brewer Wrote:
(December 20, 2020 at 10:02 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: First amendment would get in the way.

Hasn't stopped Trump and allies from filing. This case indicates that sometimes the threat is enough.
The court decides if it's a violation, so many cases do go to court.
(December 20, 2020 at 10:25 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(December 20, 2020 at 10:14 am)brewer Wrote: Hasn't stopped Trump and allies from filing. This case indicates that sometimes the threat is enough.
The court decides if it's a violation, so many cases do go to court.

Them let them go to court.
(December 20, 2020 at 10:33 am)brewer Wrote:
(December 20, 2020 at 10:25 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The court decides if it's a violation, so many cases do go to court.

Them let them go to court.

The "court of public opinion" is much easier to manipulate.
(December 20, 2020 at 7:16 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Fox Debunks Their Own Hosts

Quote:After voting technology company Smartmatic sent Fox News a blistering legal threat that accused the network of participating in a "disinformation campaign" against it, the network has started airing a remarkable news package debunking claims its hosts and guests have propagated.

Boru

Long before this pandemic, even long before Trump ran, Murdoch and Fox for nearly 30 years, have been doing nothing but selling propaganda and conspiracy. The last show that Fox had that was balanced was "Hannity & Colmes". But when Colmes wouldn't play punching bag, Fox ditched him. 

I cannot swear to it, but I'd bet the reason that Sheppard Smith left Fox was because he was tired of his network's blatant lies. But I'd also bet the reason this propaganda keeps perpetuating on that network are because of contractual NDAs. So the "talent", and yes, that is what the hosts are called, want to earn a paycheck, so they cant discuss the recipe the network uses to attract viewers. 

These threats of lawsuits were needed 30 years ago. The only reason it worked this time, is because you have a business with money Fox attacked and had the means to fight back.
(December 20, 2020 at 7:16 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Fox Debunks Their Own Hosts

Boru
This isn't new the actual news element of Fox (such as it is) has been competing with its opinion branch for a while. Hell Fox had to discredit Carlson Tucker to avoid a defamation suit.

https://prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblaw...-case.html
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4014 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Just now on FOX NEWS...... Brian37 17 1111 December 12, 2020 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Republicans are scared of Trump despite knowing he is guilty Prime Time 0 289 February 10, 2020 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Prime Time
  Shep Smith out at Fox News. Brian37 11 1013 October 12, 2019 at 9:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A snowball's chance in Fox News Brian37 11 1151 May 31, 2019 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sargon of Akkad running for office robvalue 31 2546 April 21, 2019 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 526 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Even FOX FUX Turn On The Orange Turd Minimalist 4 925 April 4, 2018 at 12:03 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  FOX FUCK Apologizes Minimalist 44 3899 April 2, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  On Fox: "Trump could beat Jesus and Mary in 2020" Fake Messiah 12 1668 January 11, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome