Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings.
Greetings.
Hello everyone in here Cool Shades
As you can see, I'm new to the forums and I am an Athiest.
I used to believe in an higher being when I was younger because some of the times religion was forced down upon me, but I started to think straight and became an atheist at the age of 11.

I'm still young though, (15 years of age) and I'm still quite new when it comes to religion and some parts of atheism, I'm willing to listen to anyone's thoughts unless it's an directed flame.
See you guys around!

EDIT: Changed post because Aerzia Saerules Arktuos made me feel like an idiot. ROFLOL
RE: Greetings.
(March 4, 2011 at 5:17 am)Jax Wrote: Hello everyone in here Cool Shades
I used to believe in an higher being when I was younger because some of the times religion was forced down upon me, but I started to think straight and became an atheist at the age of 11.

I'm still young though, (15 years of age) and I'm still quite new when it comes to religion and some parts of atheism, I'm willing to accept anyone's thoughts unless it's an directed flame. I'm all ears!

See you guys around!

Welcome, Jax, from a fellow atheist! I was 12 when I saw the light, and have never looked back!

Not sure what sort of thoughts you're looking for, but I doubt you'll get flamed here for being an atheist!Smile

There are many intelligent Christians, no doubt, but an "intellectual Christian", is surely an oxymoron.
Welcome from Oz Jax Hi

The only "flaming" you'll get here is if you make a statement and are not able or unwilling to defend it (with citations, evidence or a damn good personal story)

Enjoy your stay here. Please have a look in the Site Specific forum http://atheistforums.org/forum-22.html for details as to how we work here. Don't mind the theists..they really are very nice.... and are valuable members of this forum.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome to the forums, feel free to jump into a topic that interests you. You're bound to learn a lot from the wonderful community here.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Welcome
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
[Image: 10789_Jax.png]
This jax?
Haha,
Nope, This Jax
[Image: Jax-Render.png]
(March 4, 2011 at 5:17 am)Jax Wrote: Hello everyone in here Cool Shades

I'm not 'Everyone-In-Here', but I'll answer for them until they get back. Hi.

I cannot see, and am infact blind. I am using ease of access, text-to-speech and braille to type this response. But you are indeed new to the forums. Jury is out on your atheism, but i believe you! ^_^

Quote:I used to believe in an higher being when I was younger because some of the times religion was forced down upon me, but I started to think straight and became an atheist at the age of 11.

I used to say such wise things as "I can't know" as a little child. Alas, I grew up, and now know better: I can know anything, and this is entirely unrelated to my being correct ^_^ 11 is a little early to become an atheist, I have a hat for such people. It has a bunny on it. I actually have zero idea what I am talking about anymore, so I'll just say 'skittles' and be done with it.

Quote:I'm still young though, (15 years of age) and I'm still quite new when it comes to religion and some parts of atheism, I'm willing to accept anyone's thoughts unless it's an directed flame. I'm all ears!

See you guys around!

Damn you're old 0.o I'm not even 1 year old, myself Sad I've not even gotten to see if 'daytime' is any different from night yet. Damn you, pluto! Why couldn't I live somewhere reasonable? It will be millennia before I'm even allowed to move, damn you you arbitrary age line! Angry

I would suggest you not simply "accept" anyone's thoughts... think about them and come to a conclusion? sure... blindly accept? Not a good plan.

I'm not an atheist: I believe fully in Regulos and the rest of the Blood Storm, to say nothing of the Vigil that sits on its asses and can't be relied upon. I can prove they exist by sticking you in front of a Major Rift during an invasion. But it won't matter soon after that, as unlike demigods (such as myself): you'd be dead.... so what would be the point of proving it to you? Tongue

And no, I'm not kidding you. Regulos is real, and he's out to kill you. I, and others like me, am the only hope left for your world. This is because Riftspawn kick your non-demigod left ankles, and then eat them.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 776 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1194 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Greetings deleted 6 815 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1295 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1264 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greetings everyone h311inac311 11 1287 May 5, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Greetings...... PabloTescobar 22 2803 September 15, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Greetings. Impaler here. impaler 12 1026 August 27, 2020 at 6:14 pm