Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia on your mind.
Georgia on your mind.
Predictions?

I won't hazard one now. But from all the reports of record voting, just like the Presidential election, I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch gets booted from his majority leadership.
RE: Georgia on your mind.
Both Democratic candidates lose, McConnell retains his position as majority leader, Biden’s cabinet picks and agenda are stymied, and the US descends ever further into the maelstrom of authoritarianism.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 5, 2021 at 5:06 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Both Democratic candidates lose, McConnell retains his position as majority leader, Biden’s cabinet picks and agenda are stymied, and the US descends ever further into the maelstrom of authoritarianism.

Boru

That is not what I am seeing in the polls. And I think the record turnout in GA is great indicator as it turned out to be to give Biden the win the general. 

I think both the Dems win and we get a 2 year breather.
Polls mean nothing. Even if they did, they’re much too close to call. 

I stand by my prediction.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My best guess is they split. I think Republican turnout is going to disappoint, allowing Warnock to beat Loeffler, but Perdue will beat Ossof by a slim margin.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 5, 2021 at 5:45 pm)Angrboda Wrote: My best guess is they split.  I think Republican turnout is going to disappoint, allowing Warnock to beat Loeffler, but Perdue will beat Ossof by a slim margin.

Again, not what I am seeing. The turnout has been way above average, and the polling from the right is saying they are pessimistic. So Trump's own bullshit trying to call the election a fraud, while at the same time vilifying GA Republican officials and telling his supporters to vote, I think is backfiring on him.

I think Mitch is going to be out of his title.

(January 5, 2021 at 5:29 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Polls mean nothing. Even if they did, they’re much too close to call. 

I stand by my prediction.

Boru

I agree, polls mean nothing. Most had Hillary winning in 2016. 

But this time turnout in Biden's win was over the top, and so far, it looks like even with this run off in GA, the same. So if some polls have the GOP ahead, to me, that means nothing. I see BOTH Democrats winning in GA.
From the guy who waits for more facts before making a call.

Yeah, that guy.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(January 5, 2021 at 5:06 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Both Democratic candidates lose, McConnell retains his position as majority leader, Biden’s cabinet picks and agenda are stymied, and the US descends ever further into the maelstrom of authoritarianism.

Boru
Seems unlikely and I can think of a number of reasons why

1. Most of the Trumpists don't seem to really care about Georgia. They are much too distracted by Trump's fraud drama.

2. Most of the Conservative crowd hate Loeffler. Hell, even Fox shit talks her constantly.

3. Perdue's chances seem good because he appeals wider base than just Trumpets problem so does Ossof, And Perdue's campaign has been lackluster rarely getting any jabs in at Ossof. Well, Ossof has done an excellent job weaving the narrative around Perdues' corrupt antics .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(January 5, 2021 at 6:19 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 5, 2021 at 5:45 pm)Angrboda Wrote: My best guess is they split.  I think Republican turnout is going to disappoint, allowing Warnock to beat Loeffler, but Perdue will beat Ossof by a slim margin.

Again, not what I am seeing. The turnout has been way above average, and the polling from the right is saying they are pessimistic. So Trump's own bullshit trying to call the election a fraud, while at the same time vilifying GA Republican officials and telling his supporters to vote, I think is backfiring on him.

I think Mitch is going to be out of his title.

Exactly how does that make turnout not a disappointment for Republicans, and where are you getting your information about poll day turnout from?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I don't see how they split.  With the balance of power at stake, voters will follow party lines like never before.  There are no districts for Senators, right?

I think Republicans run scared and respond to the recent defeat by turning out in greater numbers.  However, I'm going Costanza and predicting the opposite of what instincts tell me.  Democrats win because it's a rigged election.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Georgia Reporter Groped on Live TV Divinity 69 4292 December 18, 2019 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Good article "How America Lost It's Mind" drfuzzy 3 638 April 28, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hitler Burning The Reichstag Sprung To Mind Minimalist 29 2279 April 10, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trumpolini Has Lost His Fucking Mind Minimalist 48 4020 February 10, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Oh, Georgia! Foxaèr 5 359 October 9, 2017 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Georgia Still Awaits FEMA Help After Major Storm Secular Elf 0 512 January 26, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Georgia School settles separation of church and state lawsuit drfuzzy 11 2033 October 15, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Mind Control Artur Axmann 27 5071 May 28, 2014 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.