Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yup.... That's cold.
Yup.... That's cold.
I'm looking at my outside thermometer.

-21f. 21 below zero. 
Or
-31 C.

Anybody beat that?
RE: Yup.... That's cold.
[Image: 2019-05-07-10.00.58-600x665.jpg]

I win.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 17, 2021 at 7:55 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I'm looking at my outside thermometer.

-21f. 21 below zero. 
Or
-31 C.

Anybody beat that?

That sounds.... refreshing!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(February 17, 2021 at 8:13 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote:
(February 17, 2021 at 7:55 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I'm looking at my outside thermometer.

-21f. 21 below zero. 
Or
-31 C.

Anybody beat that?

That sounds.... refreshing!
The SO walked outside - and fog rolled in the door.......

Like a deep freeze.
Yesterday, 23 below.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It's a balmy 22 degrees F here this morning. That's over 20 degrees warmer than yesterday morning...it's a heat wave I tell ya.

We did get more snow last night. Looks like a couple inches.

The houses here aren't set up for extreme cold, especially not as long as this has lasted.

My daughter washed dishes in the bathtub at her house yesterday. They haven't had water flowing in their kitchen for a few days now.

The suckiest part of all this is that son-in-law made a Black Forest cake from scratch before this mess started and we were supposed to get half of it. Unfortunately we have been unable to get there to fetch it and they have been unable to deliver it. We did get a picture of it...sigh.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Our little finger of the lake began freezing Saturday and froze across Monday night.  It leaves circles as it thaws, which is fun.  The dam is generating 54 MW per hour 20 hours a day.  Rolling blackouts cut our power from 5 AM to 8 AM Tuesday morning with -9°F.

I'm loving it.  This was a yearly event in the 80s and 90s and kept the bugs and pests in check.  It'll be 60 degrees with daffodils in two weeks.

-21f. 21 below zero. 
Or
-31 C.

Anybody beat that?

The oil companies have all of us beat.

-21f. 21 below zero. 
Or
-31 C.

Anybody beat that?

Not this year. But there was one time in the 90's where I was outside at a telescope and it was 25 below. To view, I had to stay still. THAT was cold!

The moisture from my eye condensed and froze onto the eyepiece. But once that settled down, the viewing was spectacular!
My wife tells me the dog show people are going ape shit over the AKC event that starts Thursday in Midland TX. The Texas people are saying don't come. Everyone not in TX are telling the Texans to piss off and stop being pussies.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is cold hearted purplepurpose 11 866 March 21, 2021 at 3:43 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Cold - either way. onlinebiker 12 623 January 23, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1339 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3115 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty
  Share your protocol for having a cold Catholic_Lady 67 5728 March 25, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  For you cold weather people Foxaèr 9 981 October 15, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  I've got a cold today.... Minimalist 29 3083 April 22, 2015 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cold shower Violet 13 3269 August 18, 2011 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: Violet