Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:00 am

Poll: Showers
This poll is closed.
I like them toasty... no better way to relax.
75.00%
9 75.00%
I like them lukewarm-slightly warm. This way it doesn't suck and I don't go drowsy either.
8.33%
1 8.33%
I like them about the warmth of glacier melt in february in Alaska. I am a glutton for punishment.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold shower
Cold shower
Furnace is broken.

This will be fun.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: Cold shower
Actually, I prefer a bath,as hot as I can stand it,and soak for about half an hour, late at night just before I go to bed,in the dark.
Evidently, one begins to suffocate when they experience shock. And to relive terrifying moments of sheer terror that might involve a loosely defined and horrifying clown-like being, only six thousand times worse. And reliving these moments force one's eyes open regardless of the soap on and around them.

Indeed, it was fun. I expected a terrible liquid cold numbing my body all over with sheer misery... what I didn't expect was the suffocation. The cold shock wouldn't have been anything if it wasn't combined with losing all the air in my lungs and then being unable to inhale as diabolical clowns petrified me with fear enough to open my eyes (repeatedly and against all my might) to soap.

On the bright side of things: My disposition has improved considerably from when I entered that steady stream of water. Indeed, I was positively giddy and babbling foolishly as I exited it. Unfortunately, I am now completely awake. Which is just fantastic since I'd love to sleep before I go to anchorage on another one of those wonderful trips to a shrink.

Please note: this is the kid-friendly version of events. What actually happened in that shower is enough to make a Russian's blood curdle.
(August 18, 2011 at 2:54 am)padraic Wrote: Actually, I prefer a bath,as hot as I can stand it,and soak for about half an hour, late at night just before I go to bed,in the dark.

Hmmm, forgot about baths.

A cold bath vs a cold shower... I take cold shower: done quicker. But at least you can do the 'slowly gingerly enter' technique with a bath Thinking
Well, being a Finn and all, I jump at the opportunity to visit a sauna. Nothing is more refreshing than a cold shower after 100 degrees Celcius and steam. But usually I forget to mention the cold water to people who shower after me, and they run away screaming.. Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 18, 2011 at 7:16 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Well, being a Finn and all, I jump at the opportunity to visit a sauna. Nothing is more refreshing than a cold shower after 100 degrees Celcius and steam. But usually I forget to mention the cold water to people who shower after me, and they run away screaming.. Big Grin

Being scandinavian has nothing to do with it. How do I know: I'm 75% scandinavian.

Perhaps you're just like my nieces (Aleut + Scandinavian) and can tolerate just about any water warmth.
Quote:A cold bath vs a cold shower... I take cold shower: done quicker. But at least you can do the 'slowly gingerly enter' technique with a bath Thinking

In the first few years after I left home,my flats seldom had air conditioning.In Summer,when it reached around 90F inside,I liked to sit in a cool bath with cold beer and a book. Bloomin' Looxury!

Living in the tropics, on weekends, I would have 3 or 4 HOT showers a day.
I've experienced the lack of breathing due to cold water as well, not pleasant. Can't say I saw any clowns though...

Just have neither a bath or a shower, use a wash cloth. You can get dry shampoo if you want to 'wash' your hair without water or as you're only doing your hair heat some up on the stove/in the kettle.
(August 18, 2011 at 8:21 pm)Skeptic Wrote: I've experienced the lack of breathing due to cold water as well, not pleasant. Can't say I saw any clowns though...

Just have neither a bath or a shower, use a wash cloth. You can get dry shampoo if you want to 'wash' your hair without water or as you're only doing your hair heat some up on the stove/in the kettle.

Yeah, whenever I try to shower, I lose control of my lungs and it gets hard to breathe until I turn the water off. This is why I bathe, and every day at that.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I actually do both, I have a bath then when I'm done stand and shower to wash off the dirty water I've been lying in.

Warm water only for me, women seem to like scalding water in my experience. I wonder if it's because they don't have dangly bits that mens bodies try to keep at a regulated temperature or if it's just my experience.
Nah, nah, scalding water is awesome. I crank my shower out until it turns my skin red, then, at the very end, I cut all of the hot water and bask in the frigid goodness.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is cold hearted purplepurpose 11 875 March 21, 2021 at 3:43 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Yup.... That's cold. onlinebiker 66 2426 February 19, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Cold - either way. onlinebiker 12 647 January 23, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1355 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3138 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty
  Share your protocol for having a cold Catholic_Lady 67 5782 March 25, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Shower Thoughts.... Joods 12 1100 March 8, 2018 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Joods
  For you cold weather people Foxaèr 9 1005 October 15, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  I've got a cold today.... Minimalist 29 3129 April 22, 2015 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist