Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Praise Of Cops
In Praise Of Cops
Use this thread for recent stories about police/public encounters that went well. No one get shot, no one gets profiled, no one gets neck-kneed, no one goes to jail.

Cops Offer Compassion To Man In Crisis

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: In Praise Of Cops
The physically fit male cops look really good in their uniforms.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I went to the University of Tampa for a semester. Prior to moving into the dorm, I stayed off campus at a friend's apartment. I took the bus to go do something, but on the way back, I got on the wrong bus and got dropped off miles away from where I was supposed to be. I was completely lost. I was scared shitless, not knowing where I was. I spotted a police car, and told him I was from out of town, and didn't know where I was. He gave me a ride back to the apartment.
During the Texas Tower sniper rampage police and fire risked their lives to save wounded civilians. They eventually borrowed armored cars from Wells Fargo because they weren't "militarized"* at this time.

*Whatever the fuck that means.
(March 22, 2021 at 6:19 am)Brian37 Wrote: I went to the University of Tampa for a semester. Prior to moving into the dorm, I stayed off campus at a friend's apartment. I took the bus to go do something, but on the way back, I got on the wrong bus and got dropped off miles away from where I was supposed to be. I was completely lost. I was scared shitless, not knowing where I was. I spotted a police car, and told him I was from out of town, and didn't know where I was. He gave me a ride back to the apartment.

Sorry I wasn't available to pilot you back to base. Hehe
Taken from facebook:

Quote:It seems like the police are being talked down a lot in the media at the moment and so, largely because of recent events in MY life, conscience dictates I need post the following in defence of the police (and a dramatic true story to that effect).

Last month I suffered a paralysing seizure due to a blood-clot and bleed on the brain (caused by a historic COVID infection). It happened while I was home alone and on the phone to 111 reporting paralysis of the left hand side of my body. The seizure struck and I passed out, biting my tongue severely, then in a half conscious stupor after an indeterminate amount of time attempted to answer the front door to the paramedics, but could not, falling again and cracking my head open (blood everywhere). The best I could manage was pressing a bloody hand to the front window to show I was there, which one of the paramedics subsequently described, humorously enough, as looking like “something out of Friday 13th.” I then passed out again. Next thing I know I'm being lifted to a sitting position in my front room by paramedics, regaining consciousness.

The police had somehow managed to put the (heavy/sturdy) front door through to gain entry, smashing it clean off the hinges (it was double locked) with some kind of almighty force. The officers then gathered all my stuff together for me to take to hospital, even looking through unopened bin bags of clothes, on my instruction, to find a jacket that wasn't covered in blood. They were nothing but polite, kind and sympathetic toward me. They assured me they'd take care of securing the property in my absence (I was in hospital for 3 days), which of course they did, perfectly, and I never even received a bill from the third party company who did that work. I would describe the police's actions as heroic or even lifesaving if not frankly (and I'm a staunch atheist) angelic (from my perspective).

The police operate at the spiky end of business and mistakes are sometimes made: emotive, ghastly, tragic and gruesome mistakes, due to the nature of the job. The intent to do harm is very rare however I judge: a few bad apples or a few bad days, that kind of noise, and virtually all police go into the force out of a desire to do good. I might add that I've been arrested and detained on several occasions due to various minor offences over the years but hold the police no grudge on that account. I'm on comprehensive meds and on the mend so no worries there. Peace, H.
I swung a door breacher once or twice back in the day. It was usually an OE (Opposed Entry) with heat waiting for us on the other side. Always fun.

[Image: No_Knock_Poster_DARDEN-superJumbo.jpg]
I swung my booty at a door to breach a nightclub once.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 22, 2021 at 11:09 am)Angrboda Wrote: I swung my booty at a door to breach a nightclub once.

I had a 6'6" 305 pound striker (worker) for that kind of thing. My tukus is precious.
(March 22, 2021 at 11:41 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 22, 2021 at 11:09 am)Angrboda Wrote: I swung my booty at a door to breach a nightclub once.

I had a 6'6" 305 pound striker (worker) for that kind of thing. My tukus is precious.

Different kind of swinging, specifically because my booty is precious. Coffee
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teach Cops to Maim? onlinebiker 66 1869 November 11, 2020 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Less Cops = ? onlinebiker 86 3149 September 11, 2020 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sometimes, Cops Get It Right BrianSoddingBoru4 6 521 August 27, 2020 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fucking Mall Cops Losty 3 424 April 28, 2018 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Schooling the Cops chimp3 73 5305 October 9, 2016 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another reason not to call the cops. Minimalist 0 661 June 8, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's OK to kill cops if you're a Republican DeistPaladin 22 4581 January 1, 2015 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin