Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teach Cops to Maim?
Teach Cops to Maim?
https://www.inquirer.com/news/police-sho...01109.html

Morons.

Absolute knock kneed, drooling, spastic morons.

Teach the cops to shoot people in the leg? Where do they find these idiots who come up with this sort of shit?  

A cop is taught to shoot to stop an imminent threat.
Shoot center mass. Stop shooting when threat ends.

I don't know how many of you have spent range time with cops. I have - quite a bit. I know several county cops and a few city cops. 

Many of them come over to my private range so they can get in some stress free shooting. (Away from the eyes of coworkers)They frequently bring beer. Usually I will drag out a handgun or rifle (depending on what they are practicing with) and shoot a few rounds with them. 

Only one - a former Marine - outshoots me regularly. The jarhead is good with both handguns and rifles. Actually he is scary good with a rifle. I watched him shoot 10 beer cans at 100 yards with 10 shots in 10 seconds. Sound easy? Try it sometime - with iron sights. I haven't done it yet. With irons. 

My point?

I know how good the average cop shoots. 

A 1 foot circle (size of chest) at 30 feet is about the best they average. Most simply don't get the practice.

Expecting precision from them is ludicrous.
RE: Teach Cops to Maim?
(November 10, 2020 at 11:52 am)onlinebiker Wrote: https://www.inquirer.com/news/police-sho...01109.html

Morons.

Teach the cops to shoot people in the leg? Where do they find these idiots who come up with this sort of shit?  

I don't know how many of you have spent range time with cops. I have - quite a bit. I know several county cops and a few city cops. 

Many of them come over to my private range so they can get in some stress free shooting. (Away from the eyes of coworkers)They frequently bring beer. Usually I will drag out a handgun or rifle (depending on what they are practicing with) and shoot a few rounds with them. 

Only one - a former Marine - outshoots me regularly. The jarhead is good with both handguns and rifles. Actually he is scary good with a rifle. I watched him shoot 10 beer cans at 100 yards with 10 shots in 10 seconds. Sound easy? Try it sometime - with iron sights. I haven't done it yet. With irons. 

My point?

A 1 foot circle (size of chest) at 30 feet is about the best they average. Most simply don't get the practice.

I am against U.S. gun culture, but I agree with you here.  Shooting in the leg is a stupid idea.  However, tasers and some training on de-escalation would be helpful.

As a kid I was an excellent shot with a .22 rifle.  I got all the achievement awards available.  Only shot a handgun once, and a semi-automatic C1-N1 once.

One thing that I learned was a proper respect for weapon safety.  I wish the NRA would be more focused on that aspect.

I also know that I wouldn't ever have a weapon in my house (though I would own one at a range).  There is far more likelihood of a weapon shooting someone in your house (suicide, accident) than there is for it to be used on an intruder.  However, YMMV depending if you live in a dangerous place.
You can shoot someone in the leg and they'll shoot back. They won't aim for the leg, center mass. I hope we can all see the problem.
The only time you shoot for a limb is in a firefight - and it's the only target that presents itself...
"If you have time to aim at a limb you have time to pick a better target." Gunny #1.
(November 10, 2020 at 11:52 am)onlinebiker Wrote: https://www.inquirer.com/news/police-sho...01109.html

Morons.

My point?

Makes perfect sense. A nice, broad back is a much easier target than the legs that are running away.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 10, 2020 at 12:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Morons.

My point?

Makes perfect sense. A nice, broad back is a much easier target than the legs that are running away.

Boru

You're more likely to get shot in the back by a civilian than a cop, in the US at least.
(November 10, 2020 at 12:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Morons.

My point?

Boru

Yeah.. Because we KNOW all civilians are angels who would never threaten anyone, least of all a cop.....

[/dripping sarcasm]
(November 10, 2020 at 1:09 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(November 10, 2020 at 12:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Makes perfect sense. A nice, broad back is a much easier target than the legs that are running away.

Boru

Yeah.. Because we KNOW all civilians are angels who would never threaten anyone, least of all a cop.....

[/dripping sarcasm]

Hard to be a threat when you’re running away.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 10, 2020 at 12:11 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: You can shoot someone in the leg and they'll shoot back. They won't aim for the leg, center mass. I hope we can all see the problem.

What if the person being shot at doesn't have a firearm? I'm not a big 'shoot at the leg' proponent, but if the suspect is at range and not capable of returning fire....
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Praise Of Cops BrianSoddingBoru4 13 724 March 22, 2021 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Less Cops = ? onlinebiker 86 3143 September 11, 2020 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sometimes, Cops Get It Right BrianSoddingBoru4 6 520 August 27, 2020 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Did nobody teach this guy to read? Brian37 29 2800 January 10, 2019 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Fucking Mall Cops Losty 3 424 April 28, 2018 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Racist Moms Teach Kids How To Vandalize Mosque chimp3 5 730 March 14, 2018 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Schooling the Cops chimp3 73 5302 October 9, 2016 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another reason not to call the cops. Minimalist 0 661 June 8, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's OK to kill cops if you're a Republican DeistPaladin 22 4572 January 1, 2015 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin