Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vincent who? Are you serious!
Vincent who? Are you serious!
Guys, have another listen, it won't hurt. My jaw dropped at the end!
What the hell is wrong the the education system over there!
Is America slowly losing it's way in the world?

No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Vincent who? Are you serious!
Why? Because these two were uninformed about Don McLean?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Because they couldn't figure out it was about van Gogh. To be fair, Starry, Starry Night is the only real clue you get.
'It must have been rough
On Vincent van Guff,

When those in the know
Called him Vincent van Go.

'Cause unless I'm way off,
He was Vincent van Goff.' - BoruForgetsWhoWroteThatButHasAFeelingItMightHaveBeenOgdenNash

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 5, 2021 at 11:49 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: Because they couldn't figure out it was about van Gogh. To be fair, Starry, Starry Night is the only real clue you get.

Plenty of clues if you've ever seen the painting, or any painting by van Gogh. And if you know anything about art history or van Gogh's own life there's more still.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I blame the hype machine of the art industry that alienated itself by holding the general public in contempt.
<insert profound quote here>
Maybe it alienated itself intentionally, and is now more comfortable with itself after having been held in contempt by something like the general public. Wink
(July 5, 2021 at 7:34 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: Maybe it alienated itself intentionally, and is now more comfortable with itself after having been held in contempt by something like the general public. Wink

There might be more truth to that than either of us know. The players in that game do like their elitist alure.
<insert profound quote here>
How did I, as a dumbass teen in the 70s, know this was about Van Gogh when it came out?

I understand knowing it now as I love his work from his "Blue Period". I had a print of Starry Night until it was ruined during the hail storm from hell in 2016 and I still have a print of "Cafe Terrace at Night" in my kitchen.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 5, 2021 at 7:52 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: Guys, have another listen, it won't hurt. My jaw dropped at the end!
What the hell is wrong the the education system over there!
Is America slowly losing it's way in the world?

Did these same guys review "American Pie"?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Serious Thread. Seriously? onlinebiker 12 1227 May 9, 2022 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] SERIOUS POST, Hillbilly Atheist has COVID. Brian37 50 2995 January 8, 2021 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Hillbillyatheist
  [Not Serious]Pick one, then post the next selection. Gawdzilla Sama 64 2737 October 18, 2019 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Uselss skills/qualifications! (#2) [NOT SUPER SERIOUS] ignoramus 44 2069 May 2, 2019 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [NOT SERIOUS] But wondering.... Brian37 14 2110 January 26, 2019 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Will you share your food (serious question) ErGingerbreadMandude 39 5556 January 15, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Ways to get Rep points (not serious thread) GrandizerII 31 4346 December 29, 2017 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Serious question to believers. purplepurpose 17 1730 December 12, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Never ending story (serious edition) robvalue 38 4403 September 14, 2016 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  A question about weed consumption (serious) Dystopia 19 2392 December 7, 2015 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Reforged