Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious question to believers.
Serious question to believers.

RE: Serious question to believers.
Im not gonna watch that, but if you'd like, you can ask the question in your words and I'll answer.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 12, 2017 at 1:17 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Im not gonna watch that, but if you'd like, you can ask the question in your words and I'll answer.

At 1:40 starts the short question. It lasts around 10 seconds.
Was this supposed to be the basis of a serious discussion?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(December 12, 2017 at 1:18 pm)purplepurpose Wrote:
(December 12, 2017 at 1:17 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Im not gonna watch that, but if you'd like, you can ask the question in your words and I'll answer.

At 1:40 starts the short question. It lasts around 10 seconds.

No I'd rather you ask me.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Its a stupid question. Want me to state it?
If there was a god he wouldn't have created Sarah Silverman.  Case closed.
(December 12, 2017 at 1:27 pm)energizer bunny Wrote: Its a stupid question. Want me to state it?

Ok then. No, I guess not. But thanks for offering.

-walsh
For Pete's sake, how would you, Mr. OP, like it if I just posted interviews with famous theologians and apologetics without making any comment about why you should watch them? It's very rude of you to assume that we haven't already seen more than enough of these shitty atheist videos and dumbass memes. If you want to ask a SERIOUS question then ask your fucking question. THEN if I decide you are in fact SERIOUS I might give you a thoughtful response. Maybe if instead of letting YouTube videos do all your critical thinking for you, and you spent more time READING BOOKS then you would be educated enough to string together a complete sentence and start a real conversation.

[Image: 1345380058449_5727194.png]
Yeah I refuse to watch a video in place of discussion. EB says it's a stupid question anyway, so there's that too.

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  learning a certain language to communicate to believers and the religious Quill01 13 935 January 8, 2024 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: neil
  A Serious Thread. Seriously? onlinebiker 12 1244 May 9, 2022 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Vincent who? Are you serious! ignoramus 9 2149 July 6, 2021 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] SERIOUS POST, Hillbilly Atheist has COVID. Brian37 50 3020 January 8, 2021 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Hillbillyatheist
  [Not Serious]Pick one, then post the next selection. Gawdzilla Sama 64 2751 October 18, 2019 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Uselss skills/qualifications! (#2) [NOT SUPER SERIOUS] ignoramus 44 2074 May 2, 2019 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [NOT SERIOUS] But wondering.... Brian37 14 2114 January 26, 2019 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Will you share your food (serious question) ErGingerbreadMandude 39 5579 January 15, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Ways to get Rep points (not serious thread) GrandizerII 31 4349 December 29, 2017 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Never ending story (serious edition) robvalue 38 4405 September 14, 2016 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet