Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uselss skills/qualifications! (#2) [NOT SUPER SERIOUS]
Uselss skills/qualifications! (#2) [NOT SUPER SERIOUS]
This is an offshoot from Succubus other nice thread.

We all have them! Time to fess up!

I can't remember the last time I used trigonometry or a protractor in any real world situation.
Pretty sure I didn't need to master stoichiometry in chemistry just to make a nice well balanced cup of fucking coffee! lol.
Home economics? Fuck that! Marry someone who can cook! lol! Hey, it worked well for your parents, didn't it? Why change.

The secret is to bluff your way into a job. You like playing computer games? Good, Become an IT geek. I did that for 15 years and no one caught on! Didn't Confucius say "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit" Dunno
A lesson well taught. Look at Beccs? Do you really think she knows what the hell she's doing? She's just got a fetish for cutting people up. I think she used to be a butcher's apprentice or something...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Uselss skills/qualifications! (#2) [NOT SUPER SERIOUS]
I don’t know if I have many useless skills...though I can bend my tongue into a 3 leaf clover...
More like I’m lacking useful skills.
Why did no one ever teach me how to change a tire, or how to do my own taxes?
I don’t know how to hang a level picture frame.
I don’t know how to remain calm under pressure (once my son cut his finger and blood was spewing out all over me and I freaked out, called 911, the emt ran water over his finger and put a bandaid on it...)
I cannot sew. I don’t know why I’d ever need to but if I did, I’d be sol
I don’t know how to be a normal human on the phone, literally every time I call a stranger (Dr. Appointments, mechanics, landlord, isp , etc) I start off by saying “I’m sorry, my name is Stephanie”...why am I sorry? I keep trying break that habit but it just blurts out of my mouth every time.

Hmm...pretty sure I went off topic a bit. Or like answered the opposite of your question 😂
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I can copy Morse code. (Have a high speed certificate. 50 wpm). I can read teletype perf tape by the perforations.

I can read vernier scale to .001 inch.

And apparently - it' s a lost skill - but I can make change for a $20 - without counting on my fingers...

I can develop b&w film and prints- and even load bulk fillm by feel only.
Skills: I am highly skilled at the care and feeding of farm animals.  Dog willing, I'll never have to use it again.

Qualifications:  I have two uni degrees which have zero impact on my personal and professional lives.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I can ride a horse, cycle and drive a car. Neither of which I've done in decades.
I can play bass, guitar and keyboards as well compose and produce music, but I haven't recorded anything, or played live in years.
I've learned a bunch of languages, but I avoid talking to people.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(April 30, 2019 at 2:11 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I can copy Morse code. (Have a high speed certificate. 50 wpm). I can read teletype perf tape by the perforations.

Mad cool.  I learned Morse when I was a scout, even got a badge for it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I am a pro with taki from soul caliber I once won a tournament and $100 in an official competition. I was 17 then, hasn't been very useful since other than frustrating my son. I can also calibrate a monitor and the surrounding environment for reduced eye strain and improve visual accuracy and saturation.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
... .... .. _  Angel 

I used trig just yesterday to calculate the minutes of angle I was within when shooting at targets. 2 Moa. That's the size of a horsefly, at 50 feet. I need to improve.

I can stick out my tongue and touch my nose. That's a pretty useless ability.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I've forgotten more math than you can shake a stick at, and am hard pressed to add two numbers together without a machine assist.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 30, 2019 at 10:13 am)Fireball Wrote: ... .... .. _  Angel 

I used trig just yesterday to calculate the minutes of angle I was within when shooting at targets. 2 Moa. That's the size of a horsefly, at 50 feet. I need to improve.

I can stick out my tongue and touch my nose. That's a pretty useless ability.

That' s about 3/8 inch group at 50 ft. Damned decent for a rifle offhand --- world class - better than current records offhand with a handgun.

That would be all exes on shooting NRA slowfire Bullseye...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Serious Thread. Seriously? onlinebiker 12 1251 May 9, 2022 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Vincent who? Are you serious! ignoramus 9 2149 July 6, 2021 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] SERIOUS POST, Hillbilly Atheist has COVID. Brian37 50 3027 January 8, 2021 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Hillbillyatheist
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1731 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Super hero movies sucks Sanau 7 576 March 29, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Not Serious]Pick one, then post the next selection. Gawdzilla Sama 64 2756 October 18, 2019 at 8:07 pm
  [NOTSERIOUS] Super heroes that need to be filmed. Gawdzilla Sama 12 984 February 9, 2019 at 3:10 pm
  [NOT SERIOUS] But wondering.... Brian37 14 2115 January 26, 2019 at 6:36 pm
  Super Bowl Sunday! chimp3 8 1068 February 5, 2018 at 12:54 pm
  Will you share your food (serious question) ErGingerbreadMandude 39 5582 January 15, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: DLJ