Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
truth about game theory, bad or good for the world?
truth about game theory, bad or good for the world?
If I put this topic into the wrong section of this forum, well then my apologies, I am not sure where i should post this. I haven't really discussed this in years so my memory may be a bit fuzzy but what I remember is that game theory was created by or implemented into society by rich elitist's in the 1950s witch changed the world or the way in witch people view the world where everything or almost everything is like a videogame or sports competition and that its not even a science at all. It's not scientific and doesn't have anything to do with evolution nor part of evolution. This might sound like a conspiracy theory but its not. its very real as a guy on a older atheist forum I was a part of who went by the name of joe bloe informed me of this game theory when i discussed with him in a thread I made about life in todays world seeming like one big football game or everything in life is like a game in this world. If any of you have never herd of game theory or don't know what its about, just type in game theory on wikipidea search and it should pull up a article on the subject with lots of info. I would post the wiki article here but I don't want to break the rule that I did last time or at least I haven't earned the privilege yet on this forum. My view on game theory was that its bad or sinister because it makes everything in life a game or sport, even war fare where you have different countries fighting and killing each other to be the best or number 1 top country in the world rather then over conflict, resources, religion and hatred. Your job is a sport, game or competition, sex, raising children, taking out the trash, eating, education, philosophy or anything you can think of is a game. It is a hierarchial system much like dictatorships today or in midevil christianity as well. When you think about it on a scale like that it is more scary and insane then any horror movie you might imagine. You have winners and losers in everything rather then people living there lives or living there lives outside of games doing what they want to do or not do what they don't want to do without the winner or loser label attached to it. It even happens among other atheists or non believers calling each other losers or winners.

Anyway so I contemplated a little more about it recently and thought this: Is it bad if it makes human society's less violent and more piecefull? more wealthy? less war? does it reduce violence by turning everything into a game? if that's true then wouldn't it be good or partly good?

What is the truth about this?
RE: truth about game theory, bad or good for the world?
I think you mean life as a simulation theory.

And this thread probably belongs in pseudoscience rather than gaming.

Also, I believe there is no actual truth to this particular theory
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
A hypothesis wherein those who believe in it simply (and strongly) assume (with faith) that which they have to prove distinctly belongs in pseudoscience, I think.

But hey, I hear Elon Musk believes in it; isn't that reason enough in the absence of enough reason?

Dodgy
OP- by the time you study enough mathematics to understand game theory in an intelligent way, a lot of the woo in your post will have been pulled off your eyes.

[Image: CvIx2ix.jpg]
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The world is indifferent to human endeavors.
When I go on and on, and I do. And I have been on this site for ages, I don't have giant walls of text.

Peace=good

War=bad

(August 15, 2021 at 12:29 am)no one Wrote: The world is indifferent to human endeavors.

The universe has never and will never give a shit about one species.
(August 14, 2021 at 9:47 pm)Quill01 Wrote: If I put this topic into the wrong section of this forum, well then my apologies, I am not sure where i should post this. I haven't really discussed this in years so my memory may be a bit fuzzy but what I remember is that game theory was created by or implemented into society by rich elitist's in the 1950s witch changed the world or the way in witch people view the world where everything or almost everything is like a videogame or sports competition and that its not even a science at all. It's not scientific and doesn't have anything to do with evolution nor part of evolution. This might sound like a conspiracy theory but its not. its very real as a guy on a older atheist forum I was a part of who went by the name of joe bloe informed me of this game theory when i discussed with him in a thread I made about life in todays world seeming like one big football game or everything in life is like a game in this world. If any of you have never herd of game theory or don't know what its about, just type in game theory on wikipidea search and it should pull up a article on the subject with lots of info. I would post the wiki article here but I don't want to break the rule that I did last time or at least I haven't earned the privilege yet on this forum. My view on game theory was that its bad or sinister because it makes everything in life a game or sport, even war fare where you have different countries fighting and killing each other to be the best or number 1 top country in the world rather then over conflict, resources, religion and hatred. Your job is a sport, game or competition, sex, raising children, taking out the trash, eating, education, philosophy or anything you can think of is a game. It is a hierarchial system much like dictatorships today or in midevil christianity as well. When you think about it on a scale like that it is more scary and insane then any horror movie you might imagine. You have winners and losers in everything rather then people living there lives or living there lives outside of games doing what they want to do or not do what they don't want to do without the winner or loser label attached to it. It even happens among other atheists or non believers calling each other losers or winners.

Anyway so I contemplated a little more about it recently and thought this: Is it bad if it makes human society's less violent and more piecefull? more wealthy? less war? does it reduce violence by turning everything into a game? if that's true then wouldn't it be good or partly good?

What is the truth about this?

This is the first time I've ever heard game theory talking about in this way. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's the mathematical analysis of how people act (or don't act) in strategic situations. There's nothing sinister about it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think any good or evil would be produced by the practitioner, not the theory.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 15, 2021 at 6:22 am)brewer Wrote: I think the good or evil would be produced by the practitioner, not the theory.

Kind of like, well, everything. Yup.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don’t think he’s talking life as a simulation, I think OP is talking about gamification strategy taken to the extreme. It is manipulative. I’m not sure I’ve seen it applied outside business.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Refuting the Flat-Earth theory FlatAssembler 146 7522 April 8, 2023 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Difference between religion & conspiracy theory? Fake Messiah 2 1051 February 7, 2021 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
Music What is your opinion on Flat Earth theory? MitjaHD 91 17348 August 8, 2017 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Damn! How bad did they want to burn up Ted Bundy ? vorlon13 2 1007 December 12, 2016 at 1:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why combating bad claims is important. Brian37 9 2236 November 24, 2015 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "The Truth About Cancer" BlackBird 24 7636 October 19, 2015 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  The greatest conspiracy theory ever Laza 47 11348 September 14, 2015 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws Sciworks 72 17253 May 22, 2015 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  The Truth Test or Knock on no Doors of Delusion Jenny A 13 3627 August 12, 2014 at 8:25 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  The dumbest conspiracy theory yet CapnAwesome 17 7414 April 28, 2013 at 6:33 am
Last Post: bladevalant546