Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What news site(s) do you follow?
What news site(s) do you follow?
I had been going to MSN because it's sort of the default on my phone and my laptop and was okay with grabbing the highlights there that I could go search for more info about.

A month or so ago they changed their "news" so that it looks a lot like the crappy magazines on the rack by the grocery store checkout. Most of the stuff is ads or "sponsored" (not sure how that's not an ad, but whatever). It's much more celebrity based now and not news based.

I need a new default go-to.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

RE: What news site(s) do you follow?
(August 17, 2021 at 12:28 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I had been going to MSN because it's sort of the default on my phone and my laptop and was okay with grabbing the highlights there that I could go search for more info about.

A month or so ago they changed their "news" so that it looks a lot like the crappy magazines on the rack by the grocery store checkout.  Most of the stuff is ads or "sponsored" (not sure how that's not an ad, but whatever).  It's much more celebrity based now and not news based.

I need a new default go-to.

MSNBC, CNN, and local. But it is sad that comedy shows are far more factual than Farts news which claims to be news when it is mere Noise.

As far as online, I like The Washington Post, Raw Story, Iran Wire, BBC. 

Fox is simply the fake "PRO WRESTLING" Jerry Springer of what claims to be "news".
99% of the time - just what I hear on NPR...
NZ Stuff, Newsroom, Belly Telly, CNN (Intl) and Irish Times, plus whatever pops up during a Google search.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Reuters, Rolling Stone and some local sites.
I use Google News as my aggregator.

I used to use MS News, but there's a high proportion of crap from that aggregator. If you want to go in-depth, you might look into RSS feeds and readers.

In addition to that, I have digital subscriptions to the Times and the Post, and receive email newsletters from various journalistic sources (MPR, NPR, BBC News, Reuters).

I also watch my local CBS affiliate for local and national news.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
CBC.ca is my main news source, with the local CBC affiliate also bookmarked. Occasionally I wander over to Google News, but not as often as I used to - my news consumption has declined in recent years.
I think NPR and PBS news still stick to the old school objectivity
The National Enquirer.
(August 17, 2021 at 4:31 pm)no one Wrote: The National Enquirer.

Um yea. Ok.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Is your personal web site malicious? JohnMBauer 8 691 May 24, 2020 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Succubus#2
  Somewhat reliable weather site sought. Gawdzilla Sama 7 1036 August 2, 2018 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Have you heard the good news? Martian Mermaid 44 4813 January 23, 2018 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Antares
  Ever wonder what the admins of this site do in their super secret hidden forum? ErGingerbreadMandude 91 9916 January 10, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Fake News: All the news that fits. Gawdzilla Sama 0 426 October 10, 2017 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  So I found this site... :D Excited Penguin 57 4460 July 30, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  My life is this site, a revival Foxaèr 26 3778 May 19, 2015 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Regina
  SITE IS BACK UP TheRealJoeFish 13 2153 April 9, 2015 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Innocent movie/tv/news lines you can twist. Brian37 12 4778 October 11, 2013 at 12:42 am
Last Post: max-greece
Question Found an religious site that says religion is bad Phish 2 1534 March 3, 2013 at 6:42 am
Last Post: xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx