Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
received news...
received news...
...I knew would happen, I was just hoping it would be so much later.

My heart is heavy as I write this. A beloved friend of the family, one whom I've known since I was 14 years old, passed away earlier this evening. He was a year older than me. I dated his older brother when I was a teen.

His name was Jeff and I shared a special connection with him. Like my oldest daughter, he too, had Down syndrome. I am just beside myself. The viewing is on Friday and the funeral is on Saturday. And I can't stop crying.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: received news...
I'm so sorry joods... Sad
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I'm sorry joods.... Sad
*hugs*
Sorry for your loss, Joods.
(November 15, 2017 at 11:06 pm)Joods Wrote: ...I knew would happen, I was just hoping it would be so much later.

My heart is heavy as I write this. A beloved friend of the family, one whom I've known since I was 14 years old,  passed away earlier this evening. He was a year older than me. I dated his older brother when I was a teen.

His name was Jeff and I shared a special connection with him. Like my oldest daughter, he too, had Down syndrome. I am just beside myself. The viewing is on Friday and the funeral is on Saturday. And I can't stop crying.

I don't care what side of any issue anyone is on, it is never easy to lose someone you are close to. I lost my mom and my hero and biggest supporter this past arch. 

My mom had printed out a saying a few years ago knowing she was getting old, just in case, "Don't cry it because it is over, smile because it happened."

Yes cry, I did too, but the positive side of coping in it is remembering all the good times. I still have my moments, especially on the 1rst of the month because that was the day she died. Here birthday in August, mine September, and my first Thanksgiving without her. I get it. Don't try to get over the loss, you never do. But focus on all the great times you had, and think about what they would want for you. My mom would not want me depressed forever. 

Sorry for your loss.
So sorry for your loss, Joods. ❤️
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
So sorry, it's always difficult to lose a loved one. Heart
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
sorry to learn this
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Thank you everyone. I'm just so heartbroken right now.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My kid received this while Trick or Treating.... Figbash 33 2178 November 5, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your last sms received ignoramus 36 3458 May 26, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Fake News: All the news that fits. Gawdzilla Sama 0 421 October 10, 2017 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The last compliment you received NoraBrimstone 21 3034 December 22, 2013 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  An Awesome PM I received. Paul the Human 13 3724 September 22, 2010 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Ace Otana