Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are no "isms" just beliefs and positions.
There are no "isms" just beliefs and positions.
It is common for the Christian to say "I am a". It is common for the Buddhist to say "I am a". It is common for a Hindu to say "I am a". It is common for a Jew to say "I am a". It is common for an atheist to say "I am a". It is common for the Muslim to say "I am a".

None of those differences change that we are the SAME SPECIES! Because what we think is true has nothing to do with DNA , or the fact we all die. It only means humans don't agree.
RE: There are no "isms" just beliefs and positions.
Well, now I can get on with my day.

I need my daily dose of WTF to really get going.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 31, 2021 at 12:04 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Well, now I can get on with my day.

I need my daily dose of WTF to really get going.

Who pissed in your grits?
(August 31, 2021 at 11:59 am)Brian37 Wrote: It is common for the Christian to say "I am a". It is common for the Buddhist to say "I am a". It is common for a Hindu to say "I am a". It is common for a Jew to say "I am a". It is common for an atheist to say "I am a". It is common for the Muslim to say "I am a".

None of those differences change that we are the SAME SPECIES! Because what we think is true has nothing to do with DNA , or the fact we all die. It only means humans don't agree.

(sticks in uselessism file)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 31, 2021 at 11:59 am)Brian37 Wrote: It is common for the Christian to say "I am a". It is common for the Buddhist to say "I am a". It is common for a Hindu to say "I am a". It is common for a Jew to say "I am a". It is common for an atheist to say "I am a". It is common for the Muslim to say "I am a".

So, now you have a problem with people identifying or describing themselves?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Panic Panic SPECIES Panic Panic SPECIES Panic Panic SPECIES Panic Panic

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Well that' s 75 seconds of my life that I frittered away senselessly.......

Shit.
All poodles are dogs, not all dogs are poodles.
There are isms, beliefs, positions, all different kinds of classifications. Just like the taxonomic rank/classification you are so fond of using. you can argue it's usefulness from your perspective, but they're all words and we use words to classify things.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
All humans are humans. Great.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.) Frank Apisa 252 15065 June 30, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 2961 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is wrong with theistic beliefs? Whateverist 65 6974 November 30, 2018 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Why people afraid to ask questions about their beliefs? Torin 21 4443 August 13, 2016 at 1:08 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Beliefs, Significant Others and Compromises Bob Kelso 20 4883 September 6, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Religion, ghosts, gods, chupacabra and beliefs? Dorian Gray 12 4165 October 20, 2014 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest
  How can Christians and Atheist respect each other's beliefs? Hezekiah 50 8988 October 5, 2014 at 2:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Irrational beliefs ManMachine 29 4637 July 27, 2014 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  is there a such thing as healthy religious beliefs Phatt Matt s 31 6737 March 25, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Having trouble shaking previous beliefs OGirly 6 1394 March 15, 2014 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: heathendegenerate