Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 20, 2024, 9:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How you feeling about "Baby Reindeer" and it goes against Sigmund Freud beliefs
How you feeling about "Baby Reindeer" and it goes against Sigmund Freud beliefs
The idea that you can be happy if sexual repression is solved etc.

Now what this TV series on Netflix does well on is. It criticize both atheist liberal media industry, whether its Hollywood. But also religious institutions like Catholic Church.
Whether its drug rape in hollywood or whether its pedophilia incident in Catholic Church.

Overall the issue is finding yourself, and thinking having sex with one you love can solve the problems. But it doesnt. Because it is just a bi product of something. Its not who you truly are. What you truly are is you. Friends, family, people or meaningful things.

So i am glad how honest this series is.
RE: How you feeling about "Baby Reindeer" and it goes against Sigmund Freud beliefs
Never seen it. Wanna talk about the movie, or the atheist liberal media industry?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: How you feeling about "Baby Reindeer" and it goes against Sigmund Freud beliefs
(August 5, 2024 at 8:05 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Never seen it.  Wanna talk about the movie, or the atheist liberal media industry?

I do recommend it. Its good art. Though maybe skip Episode 4. It can be said its important but it is very graphic.

Overall i guess i do see comparison with rape in Catholic Church with the Liberal movie industry interms of rape. Because predator vs prey. Someone has too much power or something loose in their head and stuff happens. I guess during MeToo era Harvey Weinstein was probably the one who got into most trouble.
IDK, one of those two groups claimed to be gods representatives and were trusted with peoples children as a matter of course. Then there's scale. "Hollywood" is a pretty tiny club, hasn't been around long.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I did not interpret a connection to the church. In fact, the drug usage was more a gateway to a spiritual awakening, much in the same way native Americans use peyote or sweat lodges.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Haven't eaten baby reindeer, but I have eaten yearling lamb. Tasty. Don't know the connection with the RCC or Hollywood, though.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I think the issue at play is deeper than anything unique to the RCC or the "Atheistic" Entertainment industry: Power. And where there is power, there'll be someone who wants to abuse that power. And they probably will.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Well, our friend is trying to thread the needle of two somewhat cross purpose cultural claims. RCC bad, liberals bad, rcc and liberals same! Probably hard to get further from the truth..and that's before we start to ask ourselves whether sexual liberals or sexual conservatives...even in hollywood...are more likely to be predators. IDK, I haven't seen a count..but in general, sexual conservatism does seem to have a relationship to sex crime. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if our new friend is getting his info about "the atheist liberal media industry" from a sexual conservative currently engaged in sex crimes.
Freud is a pretty easy balloon to pop.

(August 5, 2024 at 8:36 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Freud is a pretty easy balloon to pop.

And he'd say who you really wanna pop is either your mum or dad. Wink
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There are no "isms" just beliefs and positions. Brian37 14 1478 September 1, 2021 at 5:19 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.) Frank Apisa 252 20420 June 30, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  What is the best counter argument against "What do you lose by believing?" Macoleco 25 2201 May 1, 2021 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is wrong with theistic beliefs? Whateverist 65 8332 November 30, 2018 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Why people afraid to ask questions about their beliefs? Torin 21 4875 August 13, 2016 at 1:08 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Feeling frustrated mageta52 7 1746 May 6, 2016 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  What pissed you off the most when debating against theism? strawberryBacteria 26 7121 September 20, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  How would you write a one-liner law against theism? strawberryBacteria 33 8051 September 15, 2015 at 5:51 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Beliefs, Significant Others and Compromises Bob Kelso 20 5259 September 6, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  How do I get over that "feeling" that god exists? IanHulett 64 13812 May 3, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene