Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even if we don't kill ourselves off as a species.
Thumbs Down 
Even if we don't kill ourselves off as a species.
There is this.

https://www.livescience.com/49040-gamma-...ction.html
RE: Even if we don't kill ourselves off as a species.
That goes into the ‘Things I Find It Pointless To Worry About’ file.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
And before this, I was planning on living forever.
[Image: mtN7LCR.jpg]

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I just read yesterday that the Oxygen levels on earth are falling and will eventually reach a level too low for vertebrate life to exist....

...in 1 billion years
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
That's like right around the corner..........

.......... in cosmic terms.
(October 12, 2021 at 5:52 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: That goes into the ‘Things I Find It Pointless To Worry About’ file.

Boru

Death is nothing to worry about for sure. I wasn't posting this to scare anyone. I simply find the universe powerful and amazing, both on it's constructive side, and destructive side. 

It remains a fact that if you like breathing, just like not want to be a citizen of Pompeii in 79ce, you also would not want to be a dinosaur 65 million years ago. That is what I was talking about with gamma rays.
(October 12, 2021 at 10:49 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 12, 2021 at 5:52 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: That goes into the ‘Things I Find It Pointless To Worry About’ file.

Boru

Death is nothing to worry about for sure. I wasn't posting this to scare anyone. I simply find the universe powerful and amazing, both on it's constructive side, and destructive side. 

It remains a fact that if you like breathing, just like not want to be a citizen of Pompeii in 79ce, you also would not want to be a dinosaur 65 million years ago. That is what I was talking about with gamma rays.

I would LOVE to have been a Pompeiian 79CE!! Seriously - eyewitness to one of the great events of the classical world and a 90% chance of living through it. Who wouldn’t want that?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 12, 2021 at 11:10 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 12, 2021 at 10:49 am)Brian37 Wrote: Death is nothing to worry about for sure. I wasn't posting this to scare anyone. I simply find the universe powerful and amazing, both on it's constructive side, and destructive side. 

I would LOVE to have been a Pompeiian 79CE!! Seriously - eyewitness to one of the great events of the classical world and a 90% chance of living through it. Who wouldn’t want that?

Boru

Bullshit. If you have a pyroclastic flow chasing you down at hundreds of miles per hour, it is going to make a Kentucky Fried Chicken deep fryer look like a Klondike ice cream bar.
(October 12, 2021 at 11:16 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 12, 2021 at 11:10 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I would LOVE to have been a Pompeiian 79CE!! Seriously - eyewitness to one of the great events of the classical world and a 90% chance of living through it. Who wouldn’t want that?

Boru

Bullshit. If you have a pyroclastic flow chasing you down at hundreds of miles per hour, it is going to make a Kentucky Fried Chicken deep fryer look like a Klondike ice cream bar.

Is it impossible for you to talk like a normal human?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientific/objective purpose of human species, may be to replicate universes blue grey brain 6 1016 November 25, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: unfogged
  Have we failed as a species? ignoramus 50 9997 March 9, 2017 at 7:54 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  New Dinosaur Species... Minimalist 12 3931 July 17, 2015 at 6:09 am
Last Post: abaris
  New study on mass extinction of species abaris 19 5214 June 21, 2015 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  130,000 years ago? Even Neandertal Fucks the Creatards Minimalist 23 6755 April 13, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Asteroid killed off the Dinosaurs, confirmed. Napoléon 43 16270 March 16, 2013 at 11:15 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Dinosaurs Weren't in the Bible...They Never Even Existed. thesummerqueen 258 92880 January 16, 2012 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Has 'one species' idea been put to bed? Minimalist 12 5151 January 4, 2012 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Even more carbon from permafrost popeyespappy 2 1047 December 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: paintpooper
  Mars science laboratory Curiosity set for lift off popeyespappy 7 3275 November 28, 2011 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious