Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
130,000 years ago? Even Neandertal Fucks the Creatards
130,000 years ago? Even Neandertal Fucks the Creatards
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/resea...nderthals/

Quote:Researchers: 130,000-year-old eagle talon necklace likely belonged to Neanderthals

Quote:But now, a new study published in the journal PLOS ONE has revealed a suspected necklace of eagle talons that would have belonged to Neanderthals living 130,000 years ago in present-day Croatia.

Perhaps their names were Adam and Steve?
RE: 130,000 years ago? Even Neandertal Fucks the Creatards
Oh, neanderthals are really ugly. They look much better when they are covered up in dirt and blood.
I'm actually not surprised, I have heard people suggesting before that Neanderthal's were more intelligent than we give them credit for.

We're talking about a species that survived in the cold, harsh pre-historic European climate for hundreds of thousands of years (probably migrating south during ice ages). It's not surprising at all that they were intelligent enough to do things prehistoric modern humans were also doing. Their upright stature also supports larger brains in the same way ours does.

All modern Europeans also have trace amounts of Neanderthal ancestry too, so they were genetically similar enough to our ancestors to breed with them.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

I quite agree. Early man...no matter what designation you give them... survived in an environment which would kill most of us in a week.
Makes me wonder if we'll eventually find out that they did have a needle and eye type tool. If they're stringing jewelry together, why not clothes?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I think the most interesting thing about neanderthals isn't really what they made, but what they lacked that makes us different. Keep in mind they were around for 100,000 years longer than we've been around as a species and yet in all the extra time they had on us, never developed civilization. Why?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(March 13, 2015 at 6:39 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I think the most interesting thing about neanderthals isn't really what they made, but what they lacked that makes us different. Keep in mind they were around for 100,000 years longer than we've been around as a species and yet in all the extra time they had on us, never developed civilization. Why?
It is strange, and saying "harsh climate" isn't really an answer either. Egypt's civilisation developed as an indirect response to the Sahara forming so "harsh climate" doesn't explain it.

I'd say maybe they were just slightly less intelligent than modern humans (*modern* meaning our species), intelligent enough that they could live like pre-agricultural modern humans could, but just not intelligent enough for agriculture, literacy and advanced engineering to catch on.

The discovery of agriculture is really what marks the beginning of human civilisation (in most cases, certainly with the Middle East, Europe and China). Maybe if the Neanderthals started farming they might still be here...
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(March 13, 2015 at 6:39 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I think the most interesting thing about neanderthals isn't really what they made, but what they lacked that makes us different. Keep in mind they were around for 100,000 years longer than we've been around as a species and yet in all the extra time they had on us, never developed civilization. Why?

Maybe they were smarter or luckier, than us?
Although the Neanderthals had a large brain, the also had overlarge sensory lobes, specifically visual and olfactory lobes. I do believe they had some elements of culture, but things like missing organized agriculture or staying with the same primitive design for their toolkits even as archaic H. Sapiens was designing more and better tools lead me to think that there's a kernel of truth to the stereotype we hold of them.

(March 12, 2015 at 10:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I quite agree. Early man...no matter what designation you give them... survived in an environment which would kill most of us in a week.

Their mere existence would kill a creatard in a minute.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sea level rise in 3 to 5 years. Goosebump 9 1062 January 2, 2022 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Thumbs Down Even if we don't kill ourselves off as a species. Brian37 33 2150 October 12, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Google Waymo launched Ai self driving car service 2 days ago. blue grey brain 0 255 December 8, 2018 at 2:48 am
Last Post: blue grey brain
  More Bad News For Creatards Minimalist 13 2171 August 10, 2017 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Fuck Ken Ham and the Rest of The Creatards Minimalist 7 1561 April 18, 2017 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  400,000 Year Old Cranium Found in Portugal Minimalist 29 4671 March 29, 2017 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  More News to Upset Creatards Minimalist 6 2415 February 17, 2017 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Creatards Shall Shitteth Bricks Minimalist 6 1371 August 31, 2016 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  I'm Sure This Will Start The Creatards Talking About Arks... Minimalist 5 1582 May 7, 2016 at 6:22 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  More for Creatards to Whine About. Minimalist 3 1523 March 23, 2016 at 9:46 am
Last Post: The Atheist