Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Wink 
Hello
Hi,

I'm Bob (or Robert, I don't mind which).

I have pretty much run the gamet when it comes to systems of belief, I was brought up a Christian and I attended an Anglican school until the age of 11. In all honesty I can't say I was ever converted because I don't think there was ever a time when I felt God was real.

As a teenager I visited may places of worship to educate myself and see what they were about. I spent time with various religions and denominations including, Church of jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), Jehova's Witnesses, Catholics, Hindu, Seikh, Muslim and Buddhism.

As a young man I asserted my atheism, then as an older man I have found myself alighting on agnosticism.

I think that questioning things is healthy, and we should never allow ourselves to get bogged down in dogma. I find fundamentalism frustrating, whatever form it takes.

I hope to continue my journey while I am here.

Best wishes,

Bob
RE: Hello
Welcome!

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Hello!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Howdy
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Welcome Woof.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hi Bob,

Maybe agnostic atheist would describe you?
(May 22, 2022 at 10:03 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Hi Bob,

Perhaps I exist in a deistic superposition of both asserting that there is and there isn't a god at the same time until something comes along to collapse my wavefunction.  Thumb up
Welcome
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(May 24, 2022 at 4:57 pm)CuriosityBob Wrote:
(May 22, 2022 at 10:03 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Hi Bob,

Perhaps I exist in a deistic superposition of both asserting that there is and there isn't a god at the same time until something comes along to collapse my wavefunction.  Thumb up

Why one god? Why not two? A dozen? An infinitude?
(May 24, 2022 at 5:00 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(May 24, 2022 at 4:57 pm)CuriosityBob Wrote: Perhaps I exist in a deistic superposition of both asserting that there is and there isn't a god at the same time until something comes along to collapse my wavefunction.  Thumb up

Why one god?  Why not two?  A dozen?  An infinitude?

For every decision ever made, every permutation, every nuance there is a god... A multi-god is a concept I can get behind!

I'd like to meet the god of the decision I made last night to drink that one last glass of wiskey.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates