Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How I lost my faith in Christianity at 4
How I lost my faith in Christianity at 4
When I was born my dad was a vicar and my mum a nurse.
My first confusion with the bible being taught to me was when I read my first encyclopedia.
I could not see how the real world I was seeing more of related much to these old stories.
Before I read the kids encyclopedia I just thought that was what life was about old stories.
Then my dad lost his faith and I was egar to explore this real world more I had read my bible stories and didn't see much point in going any further in that direction. I lapped up the chance to not go to church and learn more instead.
From this point onwards I was more interested in the progress of man than any words the bible had to offer.
My mum did try and frighten me crap about satanism. I suppose she thought if I can't get him to see any worth in such a god maybe fear of satanism would help. I had a few weird dreams but I wanted to know mans world today more not old wives tales.
RE: How I lost my faith in Christianity at 4
I'm tempted to start a thread, "How I lost my faith at.... oh, about 7:41 in the morning."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I didn't ponder belief in bible stories at that age.  It wasn't something that occupied my thoughts.  I just went to church.

The first boner I remember happened in church.  I was five.  Mrs. Russel, the Sunday School teacher, sat cross legged in a small folding chair.  She leaned forward and down, closer to me, as she read.  Her breasts fell into the cowl neck of her red dress and tussled for position before settling into cleavage.  I whispered, "Sweet Jesus."  She answered, "Praise the Lord."
(May 24, 2022 at 9:02 am)Ranjr Wrote: I didn't ponder belief in bible stories at that age.  It wasn't something that occupied my thoughts.  I just went to church.

The first boner I remember happened in church.  I was five.  Mrs. Russel, the Sunday School teacher, sat cross legged in a small folding chair.  She leaned forward and down, closer to me, as she read.  Her breasts fell into the cowl neck of her red dress and tussled for position before settling into cleavage.  I whispered, "Sweet Jesus."  She answered, "Praise the Lord."

No I was into men before I was more clued up about women. I was not a horny teenager at 4 for ms whoever I was more ignorant than that.
(May 24, 2022 at 7:58 am)highdimensionman Wrote: When I was born my dad was a vicar and my mum a nurse.
My first confusion with the bible being taught to me was when I read my first encyclopedia.
I could not see how the real world I was seeing more of related much to these old stories.
Before I read the kids encyclopedia I just thought that was what life was about old stories.
Then my dad lost his faith and I was egar to explore this real world more I had read my bible stories and didn't see much point in going any further in that direction. I lapped up the chance to not go to church and learn more instead.
From this point onwards I was more interested in the progress of man than any words the bible had to offer.
My mum did try and frighten me crap about satanism. I suppose she thought if I can't get him to see any worth in such a god maybe fear of satanism would help. I had a few weird dreams but I wanted to know mans world today more not old wives tales.

Jerkoff Bullshit
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
So I have to ask what was the deciding factor? What was it about today that you decided "Alright now is the perfect time to unveil my brilliantly disguised trolling and get banned"?

Is it just nervous excitement as the school year is ending?
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(May 24, 2022 at 9:15 am)highdimensionman Wrote: No I was into men before I was more clued up about women. I was not a horny teenager at 4 for ms whoever I was more ignorant than that.

Her name was Mrs. Russel.  She also taught 6th grade.  I had her for social studies.  When Mrs. Russel asked you to stay after class and clap the erasers, she was talking about something far more fragrant and only half as dusty.
(May 24, 2022 at 7:58 am)highdimensionman Wrote: When I was born my dad was a vicar and my mum a nurse.

You read an encyclopedia at four yours old? It’s impressive that, with such a start, you turned out so stupid.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 24, 2022 at 11:46 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

You read an encyclopedia at four yours old? It’s impressive that, with such a start, you turned out so stupid.

Boru
It was a children's encyclopedia full of lots of illustrations and not much text and yes I liked it because it took me to a new place in my mind far away from bible stories towards where man is now. It wasn't much but for me it got me dreaming instead of just sleeping. I also built a crap wooden robot and dreamed how one day I would create my own friend. I found I loved progress and didn't really have much time for fairy tails unless I was dreaming about the future. Since then I have only really read non fiction as I love it so much.
(May 24, 2022 at 11:01 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: So I have to ask what was the deciding factor?  What was it about today that you decided "Alright now is the perfect time to unveil my brilliantly disguised trolling and get banned"?

Is it just nervous excitement as the school year is ending?

1. Trolling is not allowed. Troll behavior includes, but is not limited to repeatedly:
    • Making provocative posts.
    • Making posts that are unrelated / irrelevant to the thread or conversation subject.
    • Disrupting normal discussion.
    • Provoking specific members by referring to them negatively on your profile/signature.
So whats the hidden trolling rule I've broken. tell me and i'll adapt my behaviour politely. There's no need to point the finger at me and boot me off. you'll find I'm a reasonable human being.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello athesist planet. Just lost my faith. Now What? Suz 28 2472 May 23, 2020 at 2:55 am
Last Post: JohnMBauer
  The Intersection of Faith and Doubt: finding common ground. XK9_Knight 30 4206 July 5, 2014 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  FInally stopped lying to myself, now a little lost. hookakat1 39 7176 July 5, 2013 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  New atheist who lost my father today Jugsmcgee 12 3042 July 3, 2012 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Loading Please Wait
  new member, new site: Help Shed the Faith HelpShedtheFaith 2 1547 January 22, 2012 at 12:01 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  More to life than faith medviation 13 1836 September 27, 2011 at 6:31 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Another lost soul joins up ! Godless 18 6887 September 30, 2009 at 7:21 am
Last Post: neverinchurch
  Testing My Faith Faith Tester 19 7204 July 19, 2009 at 3:03 am
Last Post: russian555