Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fascism won WWII
Fascism won WWII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOWe4-KXqMM

5:30 -6:10=good wisdom

"Fascism is when corporations run the government" - Bill Maher

I agree/
RE: Fascism won WWII
Indeed it is. I fear the day that my country is finally completely transformed into a plutocracy and I can only hope to see this fate averted before it is too late.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
(April 1, 2011 at 2:19 am)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: Indeed it is. I fear the day that my country is finally completely transformed into a plutocracy and I can only hope to see this fate averted before it is too late.

Apparently Ukraine is a Plutocracy where most of the top cabinet members are multi-milionaires
Well..we are heading that way.. the rich have convinced us to vote against our own interests and to be greedy blood suckers like they are. Soon we will see the end of child labor laws so that families will be able to stay off the streets.. we will see mandatory insurance payments with almost zero coverage, everything will have some sort of law attached to it and the punishments will be harsh unless you have lots of money. Most of the jails will be privately run for profit and their "prison profit" lobyists will loby congress to make as many things illegal so they can make even more money.

How about our prison population versus other countries?

It is obvious we are going towards fascism more and more every day
(April 1, 2011 at 2:19 am)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: Indeed it is. I fear the day that my country is finally completely transformed into a plutocracy and I can only hope to see this fate averted before it is too late.

Embrace it, exploit it, abuse it, destroy it, feast on its helpless remains, and shit on those who were once in your position. How wonderfully capitalistic.

Ashendant Wrote:Apparently Ukraine is a Plutocracy where most of the top cabinet members are multi-milionaires

Only millions? No wonder they've no real power against their competition. Weaklings band together when the strong comes calling, and plenty often fail to match its power.

The Good Reverend Jeremiah Wrote:Well..we are heading that way.. the rich have convinced us to vote against our own interests and to be greedy blood suckers like they are. Soon we will see the end of child labor laws so that families will be able to stay off the streets.. we will see mandatory insurance payments with almost zero coverage, everything will have some sort of law attached to it and the punishments will be harsh unless you have lots of money. Most of the jails will be privately run for profit and their "prison profit" lobyists will loby congress to make as many things illegal so they can make even more money.

How about our prison population versus other countries?

It is obvious we are going towards fascism more and more every day

We aren't already there? Oh, we still have a fun little 'republic' for the masses to entertain themselves with while the real leaders of this nation remain in shadow? That'll be gone soon enough.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
how do you define "fascism"?
Quote:We aren't already there? Oh, we still have a fun little 'republic' for the masses to entertain themselves with while the real leaders of this nation remain in shadow? That'll be gone soon enough.

Bingo.

We are already corporatistic. We are at constant war. We are in the fascist grid, and moving more and more towards fascism (as opposed to moving away from it) every day that goes by.

Quote:how do you define "fascism"

Fascism ( /ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology.[1][2] Fascists seek to organize a nation according to corporatist perspectives, values, and systems, including the political system and the economy.[3] They advocate the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation and the creation of an ideal "new man" to form a governing elite through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics.[4] Fascists believe that a nation requires strong leadership, singular collective identity, and the will and ability to commit violence and wage war in order to keep the nation strong.[5] Fascist governments forbid and suppress opposition to the state.

Fascism is generally considered on the right side of the spectrum, or mostly on the extreme right side.
How do you like that Jim on the video? "we should be afraid of a break down of order, we should fear, they are coming to kick your door down..be afraid." And then he says the rich arent currently stealing from everyone else? Our system is so obviously cleptocratic that only a blind and deaf fool would say otherwise.
rev Wrote:We are already corporatistic. We are at constant war. We are in the fascist grid, and moving more and more towards fascism (as opposed to moving away from it) every day that goes by.

I would agree with this.

I don't firmly beleive the current system is pure facism, as defined. It is more like a facist democarcy, a mixture of the two, which in my personal opinion is far more dangerous than pure facism. The US and others have done a good job at covertly assimilating facism into their operating system. Its a bit late now though.
When you say fascism won WWII, can you suggest some bench mark to show that prior to WWII, we were in fact less corporatist then we are not?
(April 1, 2011 at 2:02 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Fascism ( /ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology.[1][2] Fascists seek to organize a nation according to corporatist perspectives, values, and systems, including the political system and the economy.[3] They advocate the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation and the creation of an ideal "new man" to form a governing elite through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics.[4] Fascists believe that a nation requires strong leadership, singular collective identity, and the will and ability to commit violence and wage war in order to keep the nation strong.[5] Fascist governments forbid and suppress opposition to the state.

Fascism is generally considered on the right side of the spectrum, or mostly on the extreme right side.

So.... I'm with the bold. Not so much with the rest Smile Granted, I have a complex definition for a strong leadership (read: there isn't rebellion or much dissent where such is present, and if it is being actively put down: it is clear it does not exist).

I do not bold singular collective identity because we are stronger when we use our differences and specializations with synergy than we are when we are all equatable meat bodies capable of little different from one another.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raising the minimum wage won't help Foxaèr 156 7751 June 16, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I Know This Won’t Come As A Shock BrianSoddingBoru4 13 813 February 15, 2021 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why Red Flag Laws Won't Work. onlinebiker 203 10314 August 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If you won the lottery..... Brian37 18 874 November 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Nice Gesture But It Probably Won't Help Minimalist 0 201 October 14, 2018 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why Trump likely won't be impeached Foxaèr 6 1218 July 23, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 784 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Lets say Hillary won NuclearEnergy 4 1046 June 2, 2017 at 9:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Trump never won. WinterHold 8 2832 May 31, 2017 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  So will Trump and his supporters understand that they won't always get what they want NuclearEnergy 0 954 April 29, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy