Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow Queen fairytale, whats the moral value of it?
Snow Queen fairytale, whats the moral value of it?
To sum it up

Kai and Gerda good friends. Then one day he gets mirror shards (From a troll mirror i think) in his eye and his heart. Making him twisted and evil in mind and heart. And a kiss from Snow Queen makes him forget everything. Gerda searches for Kai and clearly values him deep in her heart
"

So i am unsure, is the moral value that lust for life can corrupt you from whats truly important?. I sorta think Shrek 4 movie is good at explaining it, because in Shrek 4, Shrek dont realise that he is happy where he is.

Just overall curious to what you think of the story? Not to be confused with "Frozen" movie, which i think the sequal did better on.
RE: Snow Queen fairytale, whats the moral value of it?
Disney and other studios like to make kid movies with adult themes to encourage parents to take their children to it so that the parents can watch and enjoy it.
RE: Snow Queen fairytale, whats the moral value of it?
(August 19, 2022 at 5:40 pm)Woah0 Wrote: To sum it up

Kai and Gerda good friends. Then one day he gets mirror shards (From a troll mirror i think) in his eye and his heart. Making him twisted and evil in mind and heart. And a kiss from Snow Queen makes him forget everything. Gerda searches for Kai and clearly values him deep in her heart
"

So i am unsure, is the moral value that lust for life can corrupt you from whats truly important?. I sorta think Shrek 4 movie is good at explaining it, because in Shrek 4, Shrek dont realise that he is happy where he is.

Just overall curious to what you think of the story? Not to be confused with "Frozen" movie, which i think the sequal did better on.

I think the moral is that love and goodness will ultimately triumph over evil (a charming notion).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 455 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The value of sucking up Ahriman 25 1207 January 28, 2022 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Disagreeable
  First snow for the season. onlinebiker 31 2468 November 1, 2019 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  whats the point in ironing cloths? Cepheus Ace 22 1286 April 2, 2019 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2065 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  First significant snow 2018 onlinebiker 12 731 November 27, 2018 at 7:45 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why do we value the bodies of the dead? Macoleco 18 1113 November 11, 2018 at 3:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Does anyone mow "The Moral Landscape"? Gawdzilla Sama 21 1120 September 29, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Does anyone own a Moral Compass? I_am_not_mafia 13 1330 September 28, 2018 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Queen of the Quantum Realm Featured on BookDaily Rhondazvous 9 522 August 6, 2017 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie