Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The value of sucking up
The value of sucking up
I used to work at a rental car place, and I had a boss, who was a big fat white dumbass, and I never respected him, he was actually a jerk to anyone he couldn't take advantage of, which included me, I always did the opposite of what he wanted me to do, but I never got fired, and then that guy eventually left, and was replaced by a handsome black man, who I immediately had a crush on, and I did everything he wanted me to do, and I loved his voice, he just had a strong, commanding presence, but anyway, since I was such a good little employee, I got a raise, but unfortunately, I had to leave the job soon after that, for mental health reasons. But I sucked up to that black guy pretty hard, and I don't mind that I did that, I had never sucked up to anyone before, I guess it just takes the right person to bring that out of me.

Have you ever sucked up to anyonre before? If so, what did you get out of it?
"Imagination, life is your creation"
RE: The value of sucking up
I don't know about sucking up but a good boss/manager will make me want to do my best and also to do what I can to make their jobs easier.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

This thread would better be titled ‘The cost of sucking up’. Brown-nosing, bootlicking suck-ups enable the shitting on of workers.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 8, 2022 at 5:18 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This thread would better be titled ‘The cost of sucking up’. Brown-nosing, bootlicking suck-ups enable the shitting on of workers.

Boru
Not sure what you mean?
(January 8, 2022 at 5:24 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(January 8, 2022 at 5:18 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This thread would better be titled ‘The cost of sucking up’. Brown-nosing, bootlicking suck-ups enable the shitting on of workers.

Boru
Not sure what you mean?

The people who do suck up cause the people who won’t suck up to be treated badly. The suck ups are given preferential treatment.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 8, 2022 at 5:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 8, 2022 at 5:24 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Not sure what you mean?

The people who do suck up cause the people who won’t suck up to be treated badly. The suck ups are given preferential treatment.

Boru
Well if everyone sucked up, there wouldn't be much of an issue, as long as the master is a rightful one.
(January 8, 2022 at 5:34 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(January 8, 2022 at 5:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The people who do suck up cause the people who won’t suck up to be treated badly. The suck ups are given preferential treatment.

Boru
Well if everyone sucked up, there wouldn't be much of an issue, as long as the master is a rightful one.

See, THERE’S the trouble - sucking up has made you equate ‘employer’ with ‘master’.

Boru
Cool story, hoover lips.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I've found that the suck ups are more frequently those with little talent or abilities.

And the suck ups treat the people below them like shit.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 8, 2022 at 5:34 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(January 8, 2022 at 5:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The people who do suck up cause the people who won’t suck up to be treated badly. The suck ups are given preferential treatment.

Boru

Everyone won't suck up.  Me, I'd sooner just walk out the door than put up with that kind of situation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Snow Queen fairytale, whats the moral value of it? Woah0 2 304 August 20, 2022 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why do we value the bodies of the dead? Macoleco 18 1082 November 11, 2018 at 3:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Thread Title Mashup: She Keeps Sucking Something Shitty From The Poster Below Me Whateverist 277 21862 December 1, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  And Nothing of Value was Lost Shining_Finger 12 3276 November 8, 2015 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  She Keeps Sucking The Life Out of Me JesusChristLover 298 36439 January 22, 2015 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Tonus
Tongue Republican Wants to Ban Halloween:Sucking on Satans Candy Leads to Liberalism Pretzel Logic 26 6101 October 31, 2013 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The value of word order Epimethean 4 1469 November 13, 2011 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Epimethean