Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Queen Can Get Stuffed
The Queen Can Get Stuffed
It seems that a whole lot of people have not thought this through.

Why would anyone in their right minds idolize "The Royals"?

These are a bunch of inbreds whose claim to fame is being related to a bunch of evil pricks who claimed "right to rule" by virtue of "God said we are in charge".

Anyone who makes such claims deserves ridicule at least - involuntary commitment to a mental institution at best.

Atheists should be ashamed of going along with this crap..

Americans do a disservice to the Colonists who risked everything throwing the King out of our lives.

I call no one "Your Highness" and I'm not kissing the fucking Pope' s ring either..

Divine Right can kiss my ass..
RE: The Queen Can Get Stuffed
I don't think the British Monarchy is in any way comparable to religious fundamentalism in 'Murican politics.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The rebels wanted to crown George Washington, but he was having none of that. Many people in this country have a fascination with royalty; I don't get it, either.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(September 9, 2022 at 9:20 pm)Tomato Wrote: I don't think the British Monarchy is in any way comparable to religious fundamentalism in 'Murican  politics.

It all comes down to the exact same thing.

"God said we can".
Double post
First off, there is a family that lost its mother, grandmother, etc. I can respect that and be empathetic. It must be hard for some of them with it being a within a week of Princess Diana's death anniversary.

I don't really feel one way or another about royalty other than to say that I like movies/shows that are historically set about royalty.

There's no idolizing them here...there is a fascination since it's not something that we have here in the US.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 9, 2022 at 9:39 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: There's no idolizing them here...there is a fascination since it's not something that we have here in the US.

Technically, we do. I was going to mention it separately, but now I can bring it up because of your comment.

Hollywood is this country's version of royalty. Maybe even the presidency when it comes to nationalists.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Frankly, at this point, if we’re going to do things like electing Trump as President, we probably were never ready to handle independence. Hell, if Trump had won the last election, I seriously considered running my own third party on a “vote for me, we rejoin the UK” ticket.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Some people are just better than others. Pay your fucking respects.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
It's like us glamorizing pirates in some parts of the U.S. We know they were very bad people but it's hard for some of us to not to get caught up in the romanticism of sailing the Caribbean on the lam, drinking rum and bedding wenches.

I've never been able to get into the royal thing, myself. The stuffiness, inbreeding and enforced formality was never my thing. I just cringe at how it was the worst form of government ever conceived and am very grateful we have largely evolved out of it.

The capitalist in me can appreciate the fact that the silly royals in GB apparently have managed to bring in more tourist money than has been expended on them. They have turned a profit. I don't begrudge the Brits that. Good for them. Just don't pretend any of the royals are any more special than Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1307 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 71907 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is it Republicans can dish it out, but can't take it when someone throws it back NuclearEnergy 10 4466 April 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Can we get to work now? BrokenQuill92 8 2316 July 12, 2015 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Can this woman get any more stupid? Ravenshire 11 2533 March 29, 2015 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The life of a welfare queen BrokenQuill92 34 6477 January 10, 2014 at 9:10 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Why can't communist become citizens, but Nazis can? cratehorus 9 7407 July 20, 2012 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Transgendered beauty queen competes in beauty pagent. Ziploc Surprise 6 2365 May 19, 2012 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
Thumbs Down You too can destroy our country, and this is how you can do it! reverendjeremiah 15 5093 April 5, 2011 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn