Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never thought to join a forum.
Never thought to join a forum.
Hello,

I've been an atheist since pretty much 8th grade, went to a private catholic high school and then went to college essentially in the bible belt (southern Missouri). In all that time I have been a member on automotive, video game, and other random forums but never even thought to hop on here.

I guess the reason I finally decided to is that I now work with a lunatic of a christian who brings it up all the time. Lunatic on the level that he tried to tell me the movie Battle: Los Angeles is actually based on a true story.

This is also the first time that I have ever posted a thread in an "Introduction" section. Two new things in one day is enough I think.

-Joe

oh, As an edit, I don't have anything particularly against believers. The individual I was referencing is really just a lunatic.
RE: Never thought to join a forum.
Welcome and happy posting. Feel free to jump right into any topic you like. Big Grin
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Hi, there.

Quote:I now work with a lunatic of a christian who brings it up all the time. Lunatic on the level that he tried to tell me the movie Battle: Los Angeles is actually based on a true story.

Honestly....this guy sounds like he'd be a fucking moron without jesus. Buy a Taser.
Hello, DerEin. Welcome to the coolest forum on the internet.

By the way, the Battle: Los Angeles is based on a true story. However, the actual events took place roughly 1,000 years ago in Beijing. They modernized the story to include Los Angeles and the United States military because they thought it would draw more viewership. It did. Nah, I'm just kidding. Your co-worker is a dipshit.
(April 5, 2011 at 7:44 pm)DerEin Wrote: Hello,

I've been an atheist since pretty much 8th grade, went to a private catholic high school and then went to college essentially in the bible belt (southern Missouri). In all that time I have been a member on automotive, video game, and other random forums but never even thought to hop on here.

La de da is Spanish for La de da ^_^

Don't mind me, i'm about to take a test ^_^ (Oh my gods, I'm gonna so fail Sad I'll miss one question and be upset!).

Quote:I guess the reason I finally decided to is that I now work with a lunatic of a christian who brings it up all the time. Lunatic on the level that he tried to tell me the movie Battle: Los Angeles is actually based on a true story.

Is it?

Quote:This is also the first time that I have ever posted a thread in an "Introduction" section. Two new things in one day is enough I think.

-Joe

oh, As an edit, I don't have anything particularly against believers. The individual I was referencing is really just a lunatic.

Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, deee doooo waaaaahhhhhh da. Dadade da dededa dededaaaaa da! ^_^

I'm the only *real* lunatic here. I stand naked in a barrel full of eels eyes in the moonlight.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 5, 2011 at 8:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Hi, there.

Quote:I now work with a lunatic of a christian who brings it up all the time. Lunatic on the level that he tried to tell me the movie Battle: Los Angeles is actually based on a true story.

Honestly....this guy sounds like he'd be a fucking moron without jesus. Buy a Taser.

Hah, I'm not sure a taser would slow him down very much. He is a 6'6 240lb former Marine. He is actually a nice person also, but in addition to his.. you know combat experience (which he did well in apparently, he supposedly talks semi-frequently with the 2nd in command of Seal Team 2) it may take a little while for the electricity coursing through his body to register in his brain-case.
Quote:He is a 6'6 240lb former Marine

50,000 volts will do the trick. It isn't the brain it takes out....it's the legs.
Heres what you do with the luntic. They are easily confused. The next time he starts talking like you need to get out your tinfoil hat, just point off in some odd direction and say "HOLY CRAP WHAT IS THAT!", and when he turns to look, you sneak off in the opposite direction out of site.

Hopefully it will take less then 14 times of doing it before the lunatic gets the hint.
Hi, ive recently come to the same decision you have. There are just too many religious nut cases in the world to not be alone in it. Although that retard you work with is half right about the battle of los angeles. February 24/25th 1942, the united states military fired over 1400 anti aircraft rounds at an uknown object over los angeles for 3 hours. Numerous eye witnesses said the object never moved nor retaliated and simply vanished after a while. The military claims it was just a drill but they used live ammunition, hurt dozens of people, killed 4, and destroyed property. So yes the battle of los angeles took place but it was not an invasion.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
@JohnDawG

Oh, I'm sure we know exactly how many rounds were fired. And also we don't even have any pictures. For three hours they fired, and no young upstart cameraman thought he would take a picture of it. You know, they had pictures in 1942. And the ability to video as well, if mistaken I am not, and I am not/

Are you here to replace Pippy, our old conspiracy theorist that is by some slightly missed? Great
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1184 125096 Yesterday at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  had to re join WolfsChild 1 428 February 14, 2019 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I thought id come back and say dyresand 7 1234 December 26, 2018 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  I never introduced myself shadow 14 3697 July 23, 2017 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Better late than never...! DangerousElf 4 1414 September 6, 2014 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Glad to join Alex25 29 4239 August 11, 2014 at 11:27 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Thought i'd introduce myself Jin 13 2446 March 27, 2014 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  You lot just let anyone join huh? Revenant77x 28 5603 March 25, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Revenant77x
  When I last thought... Einharjar 18 3242 October 24, 2013 at 5:54 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Cool Funny Cartoon Promoting Atheism and Free Thought jaychrist213 1 1498 September 22, 2012 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Faith No More