Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When I last thought...
When I last thought...
I could talk to some one, they moved away.

True story. Sad, but oh well, I ate pizza later.

I wanted to introduce myself after stalking for a short time. I've been reading threads upon threads on my Mobile almost everyday at work when I've got the time.

I'm here because I need people to talk to about my position on religion, spirituality and faith. I've been struggling with it for the past 7 years and I've only now felt I can truly break free. Yes, this means I will be posting a Convert story. Many of you have some crazy ass stories. I don't think mine will be as crazy, especially since I still find myself reluctant to call myself an "Atheist".

About Me:
Living in Dallas, TX - yay me...
Working an industrial job whilst pushing forward to a better career (training/schooling included)
I'm an Artist, though lately I've been too busy to do anything - I do visual, literary and musical.
I love history. A lot. Hence the sig.
Science is the only way to go. Why? Because it's eternal - meaning - We will never know everything but that's a good enough reason to try anyway.

Views on Religion:
Just be sure to look well into the religion you may wish to discredit because if you don't, there is a good chance you'll look like the very same fanatic you were trying piss on.

Anyways--------
People call me Ein for short.

For those who may not know but are curious, Einharjar means 'lone warrior' in old Norse dialect (Viking). An Einharjar was the result of a man who died with honor in battle, risen to Valhalla and resurrected to fight as a super soldier (if you will) along side the Aesir (Gods of Asgard like Odin and Thor) in Ragnarok. People ask me about my alias a lot, so I figured I'd throw it out there now.

Looking forward to finding some buddies to geek out with!

-=Ein=-
"He who so forgets history is doomed to repeat it." - Churchill
RE: When I last thought...
Welcome Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Hello Ein and welcome to AF! ^_^

(October 21, 2013 at 11:43 pm)Einharjar Wrote: For those who may not know but are curious, Einharjar means 'lone warrior' in old Norse dialect (Viking).

Actually, it's not too far from modern Scandinavian. Ein still means 'a' (or 'an') in Norwegian, and harjar lives on at least in Swedish, but as the verb 'att härja', which means to ravage. Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcom Ein Big Grin
A fellow Texan! Enjoy the boards!
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(October 21, 2013 at 11:43 pm)Einharjar Wrote: I ate pizza...
Like this?

[Image: pizzaupclose_zpse90cdc3d.jpg]
Naturally I'm made to traverse the minefield of FFF's pizza pictures in order to greet you, Ein. How I suffer!!

Welcome, and as you've already discerned... you'll like this place. Smile
(October 22, 2013 at 1:08 am)Raeven Wrote: Naturally I'm made to traverse the minefield of FFF's pizza pictures in order to greet you, Ein. How I suffer!!
Suffer! Cold Shower
Haha! Thanks for the welcomes all. And yes, my pizzas did in fact look close to that. If it's not pizza, it's tacos.

-=Ein=-
"He who so forgets history is doomed to repeat it." - Churchill
(October 22, 2013 at 11:39 pm)Einharjar Wrote: Haha! Thanks for the welcomes all. And yes, my pizzas did in fact look close to that. If it's not pizza, it's tacos.

-=Ein=-
Tacos like this?

Pork tacos with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and herbs.
[Image: tacoplate_zps1b0e8a02.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I thought id come back and say dyresand 7 1225 December 26, 2018 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  last poet is a liar lastpoetlies 63 13654 September 28, 2014 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Thought i'd introduce myself Jin 13 2443 March 27, 2014 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  free at last freedomfromforum 14 3541 July 28, 2013 at 1:38 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Cool Funny Cartoon Promoting Atheism and Free Thought jaychrist213 1 1494 September 22, 2012 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Just thought I'd say hello ... AeroJ 13 3890 August 18, 2012 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  At long last... SilverFrog 7 3171 February 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Never thought to join a forum. DerEin 11 3504 April 9, 2011 at 5:44 am
Last Post: JohnDG
  Just thought id better say Hi!!!! ib.me.ub 8 1884 January 20, 2010 at 4:11 am
Last Post: corbeezejd