Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:14 pm

Poll: Are morons the lifeblood of a forum?
This poll is closed.
Yes, absolutely. How can you think otherwise, douchebag?
0%
0 0%
No, and anyone that thinks so is stupid.
0%
0 0%
Other (use red text so we can easily ignore your post)
100.00%
1 100.00%
Fuck all polls. And your little dog Toto, too!
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morons: Terrible bane or lifeblood of the forum?
Morons: Terrible bane or lifeblood of the forum?
Seeing Klor get banned makes me realize that this means one less dipshit to drive inane debates. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Morons: Terrible bane or lifeblood of the forum?
In the case of Kloro...he went a step too far.

I feel confident that in no time a new dipshit will show up to take his place. There seems to be an endless supply.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

They eventually implode, fall to pieces, or loose their squeaker.  Who wants a squeaky toy with no squeaker?  In the trash it goes.

I can't give an either/or to a cycle that includes both states.
Well, it seems to me that this forum functions best when someone who is, what you call, stupid or naive, or uninformed opens a topic and then other members hurl in to correct him or her.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
What awty said. We’re not likely to run out of morons/imbeciles/dipshits in the foreseeable future. 

This…is…THE INTERWEBZ!!!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I missed whatever he did. I have him on ignore, like the other turds currently floating in the punch bowl.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I wasn't speaking of Klor specifically, I just used him as an example. What I'm wondering is does a forum suffer when it runs low on idiots and morons? We might ask the same of trolls.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 16, 2022 at 12:48 pm)Angrboda Wrote: I wasn't speaking of Klor specifically, I just used him as an example.  What I'm wondering is does a forum suffer when it runs low on idiots and morons?   We might ask the same of trolls.

Rest easy. I have no plans to leave. *twitch*

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 16, 2022 at 10:13 am)arewethereyet Wrote: In the case of Kloro...he went a step too far.  

I feel confident that in no time a new dipshit will show up to take his place.  There seems to be an endless supply.

Did he just pretend to be an admin or did he do more?

On topic:

If it's this Moron:

he should be pre-banned.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(November 16, 2022 at 5:38 pm)GUBU Wrote:
(November 16, 2022 at 10:13 am)arewethereyet Wrote: In the case of Kloro...he went a step too far.  

I feel confident that in no time a new dipshit will show up to take his place.  There seems to be an endless supply.

Did he just pretend to be an admin or did he do more?

On topic:

If it's this Moron:

he should be pre-banned.

(Bold mine)

That was it, but that was enough.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Taliban are morons and Muhammad was a schizophrenic pedophile. Jehanne 13 994 August 16, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  When Morons Find Each Other Minimalist 7 1046 November 30, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I just figured why choirs are simultaneously terrible and brilliant. Reforged 8 935 February 21, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
Star List of Terrible Things Shining_Finger 15 3916 September 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon