Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your claim to fame?
What's your claim to fame?
For me it's meeting Darth Vader (the real one) in Hyde Park, chatting to Fern Britton in Fareham Shopping Centre and my best friend from comprehensive school is now the countries leading George Michael impersonator...

And the pièce de résistance is that I've had (careful) Tiberius in the back of my car Big Grin

You?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: What's your claim to fame?
(April 10, 2011 at 10:54 am)oggtheclever Wrote: ... I've had (careful) Tiberius in the back of my car Big Grin

You?

Pics or it didn't happen Big Grin
Don't have any Sad
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I came 4 places away from the national spelling bee four years ago, and competed against the eventual winner of that year's national bee, Kavya Shivashankar.
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
hmm...I got front page, main headline on The Virginian pilot newspaper for an article on Virginian Atheists. I was the very first person interviewed on the article.

For one summer a few years ago, I also had a live time spot on Bob FM Warden and Crook morning show. I would always be live every day, they would give me a minute or two, and I could say whatever I wanted (because they loved the Reverend Jeremiah bit). The phones usually rang off the hook for the next 15 or so minutes after my call with people claiming I wasnt a real pastor, or that I dont have "special holy ghost powers", or that I cant "prophesy who wins a football game through reading the life lines on a tortilla chip". It was really fun

ummm, I was at a rest station on my way to the blue ridge mountains taking a piss, and I look off to my right and I see Tom Araya (who is the singer for Slayer). I wanted to say something, but I had my dork in my hand, and he did too..and that wasnt cool. Besides, I figure most musicians and stars want to be left alone as much as possible and not bothered.
You had Adrian in the back of your car?

Damn, this bunch is just a bit too proud of their homosexuality.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
All my claims to fame are in photo form:

James Randi, Eilonnwy, and myself:

Ariane Sherine and myself:

Richard Dawkins and myself:

Thats cool Adrian. I Met Ellen Johnson is DC, we spent all day protesting the religious pledge of allegiance. I would love to meet Richard Dawkins.
Meeting and having a swell conservation about the cosmos with Sir Patrick Moore in Port Talbot, over ten years have passed since then.

He signed my copy of "Into Space!" after his presentation. Hope he lives to 100! Big Grin
Dawkins and Adrian with a banana. Thinking

My claim to fame? Nothing really... I'm average. Dunno
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.